Options

Cisco Wireless Controller Courses

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
Can anyone recommend any training courses for Cisco Wireless controller training? I have 5500 series wireless controllers and every 18 months we shut down our reactor and hundreds of contractors come to the plant and preform maintenance and repairs on our equipment. They bring there own versions of VPN software and connect to our wireless network. There have been issues in the past where one vender or another can't maintain a sable wireless connection and they get kicked off the network. I would like to be able to provide best support possible to troubleshoot any issues. Ideally we want to prevent them from using there own wireless hotspots, generally I contain any rogue wireless AP's I identify.       
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hopefully you aren't allow them to connect those laptops to your OT network... right?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□

Beyond that I think that you may want to go to your local Cisco group to see if there is some extended knowledge available.

• Options
    iBrokeIT said:
    Hopefully you aren't allow them to connect those laptops to your OT network... right?
    No hardwired connections, they use a Guest Wireless account that allows them internet access (but with our firewalls and website restrictions) and no access into our corporate network. 
  • Options
    swanbellaswanbella Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am also searching for training courses for Cisco Wireless controller training. If you find some suitable then please let me know.
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you ever find a course and did you find out what was going on with your vendors? Was it DHCP leases or lease time?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    DCD said:
    Did you ever find a course and did you find out what was going on with your vendors? Was it DHCP leases or lease time?

It was the Venders VPN software that was at fault. Another Vender's VPN had no issues with our Wifi. We ended up setting up a guest wired network, that various contractors could utilize and still not touch our network. It's also used for the Cafeteria credit card system. Which allows us to avoid any liability and still provide services. I believe it saved the company in the long run as well, they had a contract with an ATM service company for a pretty penny to have an ATM onsite so people could get $ to buy lunches with. Once there was the option for credit cards to process transactions, no need for an ATM.