Would you work at Facebook?

2»

Comments

• roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have an ex who once interviewed at facebook, and years later landed a gig. The issue with them is culture discrimination. If you think for some reason your belief system, style, etc won't align or will clash with theirs, that could be an issue. For example, my exe was told by an insider in prep for the interview, to wear "Converse Shoes". She didn't listen. She dressed up. She didn't get the gig, though very qualified. The insiders said "I told you so". It wasn't until years later that she landed there. That's just one example of how they look you up and down, despite what might be on your resume.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have an ex who once interviewed at facebook, and years later landed a gig. The issue with them is culture discrimination. If you think for some reason your belief system, style, etc won't align or will clash with theirs, that could be an issue. For example, my exe was told by an insider in prep for the interview, to wear "Converse Shoes". She didn't listen. She dressed up. She didn't get the gig, though very qualified. The insiders said "I told you so". It wasn't until years later that she landed there. That's just one example of how they look you up and down, despite what might be on your resume.
    That's definitely an issue with many of the Silicon Valley tech companies. The perks can be amazing the pay can seem high (until you see housing prices in the SF area), and having those big names on your resume can open doors, but they do have their unique cultures that if you don't seem to fit in, you can be disqualified over a lesser qualified person.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I wouldn't like Zuckerberg either, unless he's signing my paycheck. I don't care much for Facebook, but I don't think they are necessarily evil. I'd work for them. They do have a lot of privacy issues and such, but that's a given. It's not some secret thing they are doing. When you sign up for Facebook, EVERYTHING you do is tracked, filed, and sold to others.