Renewal question

Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
My A+, Network+ and security+ are due for renewal in mid April this year. Would passing the most recent Security+ exam renew my other 2 CompTIA certs? I have also passed my CCENT and CCNA: routing and switching exmas, I don't suppose they can renew all 3 certs at all?

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    If you have CEU, that is the way to renew security + (not sure about Network+ or A+). 
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nik 99 said:
    My A+, Network+ and security+ are due for renewal in mid April this year. Would passing the most recent Security+ exam renew my other 2 CompTIA certs?  YES I have also passed my CCENT and CCNA: routing and switching exmas, I don't suppose they can renew all 3 certs at all?  Possibly
    I wouldn't think a Cisco cert would help on CompTIA certs CEUs, but you can read here to learn what you can do: https://www.comptia.org/continuing-education/choose/renew-with-a-single-activity/earn-non-comptia-it-industry-certifications

https://www.comptia.org/continuing-education/learn/renewing-multiple-certifications

https://www.comptia.org/continuing-education/choose/renewing-with-multiple-activities/training-and-higher-education#training

CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for answering my question guys. Had a look at those links, my Cisco certs won't help here at all. Looks like it's time to brush up on my Security+ knowledge and hit that exam.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Another option is Certmaster ce, you pay for the course (199$) to renew your certificate, not sure if the Security+ course renews your Network+ and A+ or not.

• bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You are probably better off with working your way up the CompTia chain. I don't think passing an exam you are already certified for will help. If you took another CompTia cert it would ease your pain.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with @bigdogz, however if you don't have the time or desire to do that I received the following reply from CompTIA.

Thank you for reaching out to us. As long as you complete the Security+ CertMaster CE renewal course entirely and get 100% on each assessment, which you can retake as many times as needed, by your current expiration date of November 20th, 2020, then your Security+ CE, Network+ CE and A+ CE certification will have a new start date of November 20th, 2020 and a new expiration date of November 20th, 2023.

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The CCNA should help with Network+ and A+ but little for the Security+.  I used my CCNA Cyber Ops to renew my Security+, which obviously renewed the Network+ and A+.  As mentioned, I would recommend using the CertMaster CE.  It is cheaper, faster, and may be easier than trying to study for and pass the latest Security+ exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me