Options

how hard is cissp? Need be told, eager for this SALARY!!!

vincentcaivincentcai Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited January 2020 in (ISC)²
We are through the hard time, real hard time, the job is no longer for all of us, but only part of us. the competition is more and more badly. What can i do, in this time? i have worked several years, and i found it is so hard keep my job without a CISSP certs. This test is a beast and it is hard to pass.  I’m told many don’t pass it their first time.  And one share your real exp in this. or some reliable Q&A will be appreciate. Thanks in advance, three kid father are Begging, here.

Comments

• Options
    Cissp is hard as you describe above even worse.. i tried three times. i work for almost ten years. First time i failed without any doubt. then i try i boot camp, in my class most people have failed one time before. i try so hard and get so closed to it. but failed again. The questions are quite different from time to time. you must have good exp in this and good homeword at Q&A. i finally get green cards with help of Q&A-****-s. It is expensive too. but it worth. the Q&A-****-s is a second key to this. it help a lot. hope this will help u. and be confident. it is not allowed to disccuss this here. good luck
    which one is reliable? Would you mind give me a pm or email me at vicnet.helity@aol.com. thanks in advance.
  • Options
    wahaha1986wahaha1986 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    edited January 2020
    i not this fan, no aff either, if u need you can search in google s-p-o-t-o cissp. there are several of it. dont be fraud.
  • Options
    i not this fan, no aff either, if u need you can search in google s-p-o-t-o cissp. there are several of it. dont be fraud.
    would u mind share the offical link and tell me how much is it.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have to say it was the hardest exam I ever too. When I completed it, I was very sure I had failed. To my shock and pleasant surprise, I passed.
    My preparation consisted mostly of watching Larry Greenblatt videos on YouTube and taking the practice exams over and over on CCCure.org. That was in 2016 though, and I am not sure how relevant those materials would be today.
  • Options
    nathandrakenathandrake Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just throwing this out there.  But why do you think the lack of the CISSP is the reason why you're struggling keeping a job?  I've worked with a lot of people in the security field that do not have their CISSP and have no problem finding and keeping a job.  I know a handful of people that have their CISSP and I would say I don't believe their job is any safer than someone that doesn't have it. 

I'm not saying the CISSP is not a valuable cert to have, but I would look at other aspects first regarding your job woes first.  I don't think this is going to be the magic bullet that you're hoping it is.  
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Just throwing this out there.  But why do you think the lack of the CISSP is the reason why you're struggling keeping a job?  I've worked with a lot of people in the security field that do not have their CISSP and have no problem finding and keeping a job.  I know a handful of people that have their CISSP and I would say I don't believe their job is any safer than someone that doesn't have it. 

I'm not saying the CISSP is not a valuable cert to have, but I would look at other aspects first regarding your job woes first.  I don't think this is going to be the magic bullet that you're hoping it is.  
    I think a lot of us myself included sometimes look at certs as magic bullets and I can see why, many IT job listings do have a list of required and/or preferred certifications, but you are right, while important, certs are not the end all be all for an IT professional.

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It seems like you are looking for test questions to help you. I can recommend Boson as a question bank. If you are looking for others that are 'free guaranty' we cannot help you for ethical reasons.

Let me give you some assistance:
    -If you cannot KEEP your job then your employer has found that you do not have the knowledge to perform the tasks at your current position. You may need to learn more of the basics or other domains and how they 
     can help an organization protect themselves.
    -There is no fast and easy way to pass this exam. Just going over a bank of test questions will not help anyone.
    -Read the ISC2 manuals and perform research on topics you are not familiar, 
    -ISC2 has taken a great deal of thought on preventing people trying to **** on the exam so you have to know the material more than other exams.
    -Read posts from other people who have passed the exam and see what may be helpful to you.
    -Getting the $$$ is fine, but you need a different mentality of being in information security. You have to live and breath it. Continually learning is just part of the job.

Good luck!

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    i have worked several years, and i found it is so hard keep my job without a CISSP certs. 
    The CISSP is more of a management certification, unless your in management, it's a fairly useless certification in my opinion, other then help you get a job. As for passing it, a co-worker has it, studied for 3 months using borrowed materials. So it really all depends on how well you retain the material, I know people that also have taken GIAC exams two weeks after the course and passed it without problems.  Not sure what you mean by hard to keep your job without it, unless it's a requirement by your employer, it really doesn't give you any technical knowledge in day to day security operations.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    bigdogz said:
    -If you cannot KEEP your job then your employer has found that you do not have the knowledge to perform the tasks at your current position. You may need to learn more of the basics or other domains and how they  

Exactly, certification can help you get into a new job or a promotion, pass the screening of HR, but nobody keep someone because he has a certification (except if a contract specifies a certification only has..but it is an exception).
  • Options
    Exactly, certification can help you get into a new job or a promotion, pass the screening of HR, but nobody keep someone because he has a certification (except if a contract specifies a certification only has..but it is an exception).
    Yep, particularly government jobs or government contract jobs are where you will find specific certs as a job requirement where either you have to be certified already or have a short window to get certified. Rarely in the private sector do you have to have a cert just to keep the job. It's usually you need the cert to even be considered for the job. And you're right about the ATS screenings, the biggest real advantage having the right certs is more or less being able to help your resume get pass the ATS.

• Options
    jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just took a Cissp bootcamp and although I never took the exam I will say this. It covers a lot of material and unless you are comfortable in many areas it will be an uphill battle. For example I’m no software engineer but I have experience programming as a hobby. So many of the software questions I was familiar with. I have some experience with networks so the networking portion would come easy to me etc. For a person who may only deal with 1 domain on a day to day basis I can see why it would be challenging.
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At the end of the day most cannot simply pass the CISSP by the bootcamp alone. People should study before the bootcamp to be more prepared. Walking in and taking the exam after the bootcamp (which includes after hours studying) is not a good formula for passing the exam. The bootcamp can just fill in the gaps of your knowledge base.
  • Options
    i sorry to share this upset emotion, but it has become a big problem to me. i will join a bootcamp study for several month and buy a d-u-m-p. i will update the results to your guys, thanks for your advice. 
This discussion has been closed.