Options

Close to testing on ICND1

LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2020 in CCNA & CCENT
Between traveling for work and the business of the holidays, my studying has been way down. This last weekend I started back up in full force. Yesterday I took my first Boson practice test and got an 832. Today I took my second Boson and got an 819. I am planning on taking the exam hopefully next Friday if studying this week goes well.

My weak area is Category 5, Infrastructure Management. On test 1 I got 69% in Category 5 and test 2 I got 44%. All other areas are in the upper 70's through the upper 80's. So I am hitting Category 5 real hard and continuing my daily subnetting practice. I have gotten all of my subnetting questions right, and I also do 50 - 100 practice questions a day on subnetting.net.

I'm not sure if I can test for ICND1 next week and still pull off ICND2 by the due date next month. I might just take my CCENT and then start studying for the new CCNA afterward.

Any thoughts on trying ICND2 in 1 month?

Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
Currently Working On: Security+
2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

Comments

• Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For me personally, 1 month would not be enough for ICND2. It’s just too close. Given that you work on top of studying too. I’m not trying to discourage you but rather be realistic. Unless you have a decent background in networking and study for like 5 hours every day for the whole month, it’d be extremely difficult. I don’t doubt you could make ICND1 within the month given your studying, but D2 is kind of a long shot with the date closing in. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't looking for a feel-good answer, but an honest, realistic answer. I do have a decent background in networking, but not Cisco. If it was remotely possible, I might go for it. But rather than waste time, I would rather focus on what is achievable. My gut says no way, so you just confirmed it.

So I will test for CCENT in the next week or so and then start my study for the new CCNA.

• Options
    Lunchbocks, a lot of the exam material is the same on the new CCNA 200-301 from the old one, especially from ICND1, I’m currently studying for the new CCNA since September of last year and I’m wrapping it up and I can say a lot of it was just review, with the exception of a few new topics. It will only benefit you by taking CCENT. Good luck and please let us know how you did! 
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

• Options
    What do you mean it will only benefit me by taking the CCENT? Do you mean the new ccna won’t benefit after getting the CCENT?

• Options
    I'm just saying the knowledge and the experience you get from taking the CCENT will help you with the newer CCNA since alot of the topics and knowledge you gain will be carried over, so you don't have to start from scratch in terms of studying. I apologize that I didn't come off as clear. The new CCNA will most definitely benefit you, the newer objectives added with security and wireless added a different perspective to things that I didn't know. 

• Options
    Perfect, thanks. That is what I was hoping you meant. I know the new CCNA has topics like you said, wireless and security, that I really want to know. Knowing the CCENT will help move me along quicker is nice.

Thanks for the info!