Itil v4 Upgrade from Itil 2011

Peter1976Peter1976 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
i have the Itil v3 Foundation and i would update to v4.
I search self study documents and test exams questions for the upgrade.
Where can i find this?

Greets
peter

Comments

• ClaireAgutterClaireAgutter Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited January 2020
    Hi Peter

You'll find some information on the AXELOS website if you create an account. You can use freeitiltraining.com to learn some of the basics about ITIL 4 (but it's not a Foundation prep course) and you can self study with books such as ITIL Foundation Essentials ITIL 4 Edition: The ultimate revision guide. (For transparency, I wrote it! It's fully licensed to meet the syllabus guidelines).

You'll also find some training companies are offering a 'bridge' package which will let you upgrade your skills for a reasonable price. For example if you take a look at our ITSM Zone website you'll see a course + exam package. I've had to recreate my account here so I'm not able to post the link directly.

Good luck with your studies, Claire

• LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hi Peter

You'll find some information on the AXELOS website if you create an account. You can use freeitiltraining.com to learn some of the basics about ITIL 4 (but it's not a Foundation prep course) and you can self study with books such as ITIL Foundation Essentials ITIL 4 Edition: The ultimate revision guide. (For transparency, I wrote it! It's fully licensed to meet the syllabus guidelines).

You'll also find some training companies are offering a 'bridge' package which will let you upgrade your skills for a reasonable price. For example if you take a look at our ITSM Zone website you'll see a course + exam package. I've had to recreate my account here so I'm not able to post the link directly.

Good luck with your studies, Claire

Your ITIL Foundation Essentials helped me to pass the ITILv3 exam, even though it was written for the v2. I fully recommend your books for those wishing to pass the ITIL exam or learn about ITSM.

Thanks so much for the feedback! It's great to hear from people who've used my books. 
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Is there a point to upgrade from v3 to v4? Is it not a "lifetime" cert?
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is a lifetime certification.  Some organizations still implement v2 and v3/2011.  ITIL 4 has changed a lot compared to v3/2011.  I think it is worth it, quite honestly, but until Friday realize that I teach the Foundation course so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yep, it's a lifetime cert. But things change, methods and frameworks evolve. And ITIL is not a hard exam and not expensive to take, if nothing else, it shows you keep up with the industry.
    Wrt to upgrading, it does depend on what you need the certification for. If it's part of your role or you're job hunting, it's always good to get the latest version. If you don't really need it for your role, then you are correct the certification doesn't expire so you can still be classed as ITIL Foundation certified. The freeITILtraining website I mentioned in my earlier post has an overview of V3 and ITIL 4 so you can always use that to get a quick look and see if it's something you're interested in pursuing.