Prince 2 self study?

Peter1976Peter1976 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I search self study documents and test exams questions for the Prince 2 exam.
Where can i find this?

Greets
Peter

Comments

• LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I read, several times, PRINCE2 Made Simple by Ian Lawton for my exam prep. It's a very easy book to follow, and I enjoyed reading it. The only issues I had was that he didn't include any practice questions, nor, did he have a glossary of PRINCE2 terms and an appendix for the acronyms which there are plenty. To be fair he does define the PRINCE2 specific jargon or acronym when it is introduced but still a centralized collection would have been nice. He does make regular use of illustration which helped me.
    For practice questions, I think I just limited myself to free online practice questions. His book was helpful alone in getting me to pass the PRINCE2 exam. Like ITIL, it is not terribly hard and you only need a 60% to pass.

Hope this helps.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I read, several times, PRINCE2 Made Simple by Ian Lawton for my exam prep. It's a very easy book to follow, and I enjoyed reading it. The only issues I had was that he didn't include any practice questions, nor, did he have a glossary of PRINCE2 terms and an appendix for the acronyms which there are plenty. To be fair he does define the PRINCE2 specific jargon or acronym when it is introduced but still a centralized collection would have been nice. He does make regular use of illustration which helped me.
    For practice questions, I think I just limited myself to free online practice questions. His book was helpful alone in getting me to pass the PRINCE2 exam. Like ITIL, it is not terribly hard and you only need a 60% to pass.

Hope this helps.
    How long did you spend on study? What was prior experience?
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    itdept said:
    How long did you spend on study? What was prior experience?
    Oh, it was about a month and I was probably ready for the exam in half that time. I've not worked specifically on projects using the PRINCE2 framework. But if you have any work on projects using any of the major models or frameworks, that should help as there are overlaps in many instances.