Options

Study help network+ 10 007

Paulosman09Paulosman09 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited January 2020 in Network+
Hi brought Todd Lammle Sybex study guide. It is a great book but at nearly a thousand pages, some of it is hard going. Is the exam has hard as this book is to read. 

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OK...... which exam?
    My mind reading and crystal ball licenses has expired... LOL
  • Options
    fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bigdogz said:
    OK...... which exam?
    My mind reading and crystal ball licenses has expired... LOL

He's probably talking about Network+.

I haven't done the exam but can say that all the Sybex Comptia books I've read have been pretty good. I usually don't read them all, I skim thru the parts I already know.

• Options
    Lol sorry, the comptia network+ 10 007 exam, I thought this was the Network+ only thread. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I am just reading the chapter on network threats and mitigation. It lists about 50 types of network treats. The chapter is huge. Reading this chapter makes me think that networks are useless and can be hacked any time in hundreds of different ways. 
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited January 2020
    @MODS Please place this in the Network + grouping

@Paulosman09 See if you can change the post heading to add Network+

Don't let it intimidate you. If you work with this stuff you can remember it.

• Options
    Cheers I have changed the heading. I am getting There, its just the network security stuff is 3 massive chapters and an awful lot to remember, not easy reading as so much is just a summary of each one. Doubt I have to remember all of it. 
  • Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited January 2020
    The book is trying to give you a very broad understanding of networks: concepts, devices, R&S, security, topologies, network services, maintenance, wireless, cloud, etc. It is a lot of information for someone new to networks. Once you learn it all and pass it, you can then start focusing on an area of specialization if you wish. You'll get it, don't worry. We all had to start from somewhere. I'm working on the CCNA and each book (2) are over 1000 pages of material.
  • Options
    Cheers for the encouragement, I was thinking of looking at the CCNA when I pass the network+ been enjoying doing router and switch learning. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just an update, i brought the sybex practice tests and going through the questions, there are so many questions that ask an unbelievable range of different things, types of cables, maximum lengths and categories or every single little thing about wireless almost to an **** level or protocols, lengths or frequencies, contract types and what's in them. The list goes on. Do i really have to memorise this much stuff for the exam. I know all the really important stuff regarding networking, but most of the questions don't ask these things.  Also every question is an acronym and there tons of these to remember.
  • Options
    shahlapirniashahlapirnia Registered Users Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi brought Todd Lammle Sybex study guide. It is a great book but at nearly a thousand pages, some of it is hard going. Is the exam has hard as this book is to read. 

You might also like to read through the Network+ 007 free online notes by CertBlaster.com 

https://www.certblaster.com/free-study-guide-network-plus-exam-n10-007/

WIP: Security+ 601
  • Options
    RunningForwardRunningForward Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I purchased a Udemy course being taught by Mike Meyers along with three practice tests on a sale bundle. Would watching his videos along with the free YouTube Professor Messer videos be enough for someone who is "essentially new" to IT prepare themselves properly to pass this exam? 

Thanks all! :)