How long is the Endorsment process?

dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
I dont know anyone with CISSP, so I have to have ISC2 endorse me. For those who have CISSP and and have to go through ISC2 endorsement, did it really take 4-6 weeks or was it less time? I'm only asking because my CASP expires in Feb, and I need to use the CISSP to renew it, and I dont know how long that process to get my CASP renewed either (which is connected to my A+, Net+, Sec+), so Im hoping I can get my CISSP sooner rather than later so none of my certs expire. 

Comments

• deadjoedeadjoe Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    4 to 6 weeks. Congrats on the pass!!!
  • MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been looking into this myself as I provisionally passed the test last Thursday and had my endorsement processed and moved into their review on Tuesday. 
  • dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Metaldave said:
    I have been looking into this myself as I provisionally passed the test last Thursday and had my endorsement processed and moved into their review on Tuesday. 
    I submitted my application of the 27th and they still haven't started yet. Wtf??
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Between 4 to 6 week.. mine took 5 weeks in 2017
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited December 2019
    Back in 2016, mines was 2 days shy of 6 weeks. I used my CISSP to renew my CASP and it took 48 hrs to update all CompTIA certs.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • internutzzinternutzz Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Metaldave said:
    I submitted my application of the 27th and they still haven't started yet. Wtf??
    Most of the 4-6 weeks endorsement time is spent waiting to get to the front of the queue.
    edited December 2019
    Metaldave said:
    Relax, sometimes it may take some time. YMMV. The holidays are approaching and people working year end projects. 
    I know some that have heard back in 2 weeks and others that took the entire time. Part of it is the endorser.
  • MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Metaldave said:
    When I say moved to their review I mean it’s just been queued. That’s all the email said. Apologies if I mislead.
    I just hope everyone has an endorser that is quick in responding. It took 2 weeks for a guy I know to get 'the Congratulations email' after I endorsed him. I responded from ISC2 within 2 days.
    bigdogz said:
    I just hope everyone has an endorser that is quick in responding. It took 2 weeks for a guy I know to get 'the Congratulations email' after I endorsed him. I responded from ISC2 within 2 days.
    I assume this was a while ago and certainly before the recent "digital transformation" of all ISC2's systems. That transformation involved the endorsement queue being suspended for 2 weeks and due to that, as well as ensuing technical issues post "upgrade", and the backlog that built up, the queue ballooned up to nearly 10 weeks earlier this year (timed from when an endorser had provided their approval). ISC2 have gone to great lengths to get this back to down to a more reasonable 4 - 6 weeks after the endorser provides their approval. I recently (i.e. a few weeks ago) had an ISC2 certification (CSSLP) approved after a 4 week and 4 day wait.
    bigdogz said:
    I assume this was a while ago and certainly before the recent "digital transformation" of all ISC2's systems. That transformation involved the endorsement queue being suspended for 2 weeks and due to that, as well as ensuing technical issues post "upgrade", and the backlog that built up, the queue ballooned up to nearly 10 weeks earlier this year (timed from when an endorser had provided their approval). ISC2 have gone to great lengths to get this back to down to a more reasonable 4 - 6 weeks after the endorser provides their approval. I recently (i.e. a few weeks ago) had an ISC2 certification (CSSLP) approved after a 4 week and 4 day wait.
    Yeah, I dont have 10 weeks to wait

By then, my CASP will expire and there wouldve been NO POINT in me taking the CISSP in order to renew my CASP and Sec+

Seems like they're taking their sweet ass time 
    @dandadynamiteYou are still an Associate of ISC@ for the CISSP. Passing the exam should be enough.

On a different note:
    You don't HAVE TO take the CISSP in order to renew your CASP. It is just convenient. Having the mentality to take one exam to renew others is the wrong mindset as a general rule. You want to advance your career and move upward.

bigdogz said:
    @dandadynamiteYou are still an Associate of ISC@ for the CISSP. Passing the exam should be enough.

On a different note:
    You don't HAVE TO take the CISSP in order to renew your CASP. It is just convenient. Having the mentality to take one exam to renew others is the wrong mindset as a general rule. You want to advance your career and move upward.

I work in IT. This does advance my career, but the main reason I took CISSP is so I didnt have to retake CASP to renew it

If my CASP expires, it was pointless rushing to take CISSP to give me time to renew my CASP
    edited December 2019
    Have you verified with CompTia? You passed the exam and are certified as an Associate.
    bigdogz said:
    Have you verified with CompTia? You passed the exam and are certified as an Associate.
    You don't automatically become an Associate by passing an ISC2 exam unless you selected that option when you booked the exam with Pearson VUE (see screenshot below). If you didn't select that option you need to go through the endorsement process so will be subject to the same wait times as endorsing as a full CISSP.

This was not an option when I took the exam. You can call ISC2 and work to change the option after the fact.
  • csjohnngcsjohnng Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say depend on the number of application in endorsement review queue. For your reference, I submitted the endorsement for CISSP-ISSMP on 27 Nov 2019 and get the result on 13 Jan 2020. If you submitted the endorsement in Nov 2019, i guess you should have the result already or by this week if thing are smooth.
    John
    MBA ,C|CISO, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP/ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CSSLP, CASP+, Linux +, TOGAF 9; AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate
  • oceanmarsoceanmars Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I submitted the endorsement documentation to ISC2 on DEC.  After 6 weeks I called them and I was super respectful to the rep.  Received the completion endorsement email withing one minute of the call.  Call them.