Getting Back into the Field. Seeking advice on my salary worth.

echoesofelevenechoesofeleven Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited January 2020 in IT Jobs / Degrees
Hello Everyone. I am getting ready to start applying for jobs again. I have not worked in the IT Field since May 2018. Unfortunately, my mother passed and other life events happened. I took some time to myself. I went back to school and got my masters. I am now working on my security + and hopefully, I'll be certified by March of this year. I had my A+ and MTA certifications but I chose not to renew them. 

The image below is my current resume. I was just wondering at this point in my career, what would be my salary? I'm looking for Tier II helpdesk positions or any security positions. As for my area, I live in Northern Virginia. 

Good and close relationships keep us all truly happy
Tagged:

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I can't help too much on this but part of your "worth" can be determined by whether you are prepared to move? Judging by your signature I doubt it.
    Did you have any certs in the pipeline?
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    itdept said:
    Did you have any certs in the pipeline?
    From the OP:

I am now working on my security + and hopefully, I'll be certified by March of this year. I had my A+ and MTA certifications but I chose not to renew them. 
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It depends what positions you apply for. Helpdesk won't pay much but something like Assistant IT Manager will.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You should be able to return to aTier 2 position at a higher rate to include inflation. I think you may need a few more years and and a few more higher level certifications to work in a management level.