Options

CompTIA and Sybex Bundle Study Guides

baghdaddy19baghdaddy19 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys, CompTIA and Sybex are collaborating with Humble Bundle. The Humble Bundle site currently has a sale on study materials for the A+, Network+, and Security+ exams (more details below and on the link provided).

For $1:
CompTIA A+ Core 1 Flashcards
CompTIA A+ Core 2 Flashcards
CompTIA Network+ Flashcards
CompTIA Security+ Flashcards

For $22:
Everything available from $1 tier
CompTIA A+ Core 1 Test Bank
CompTIA A+ Core 2 Test Bank
CompTIA Network+ Test Bank
CompTIA Security+ Test Bank

For $30:
Everything availble from $1 and $22 tiers
CompTIA A+ Core 1 Silver Exam Review Course
CompTIA A+ Core 2 Silver Exam Review Course
CompTIA Network+ Silver Exam Review Course
CompTIA Security+ Silver Exam Review Course

These are all fantastic study materials if you are currently pursuing any of these CompTIA certifications for a ridiculously cheap price ($30).

Also, for those of you do not know about Humble Bundle, check the Humble Bundle site every few weeks for amazing deals like this. Sometimes they have information security e-book bundles, programming e-book bundles, IT related e-book bundles, etc. all for crazy cheap.

Here is the link to purchase these study materials:
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/sybex-comptia-exam-prep-software?linkID=&mcID=102:5e1e0fb16c9ace42221bc9e8:ot:56e84704733462ca89979ead:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020_01_15_sybexcomptiaexamprep_softwarebundle&linkID=&utm_content=cta_button

2020 Certification Goals
CompTIA: A+, Net+, Sec+, Cloud Essentials, and Project +
LPI: Linux Essentials
AXELOS: ITIL v3
SANS GAIC: GSEC, GCIH, and GCED

Comments

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited January 2020
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    @yoba222
    I'll contact the mods and see if they can uncensor the URL.
    2020 Certification Goals
  • Options
    Mods fixed and verified the link. You guys should be able to view it now
    2020 Certification Goals
  • Options
    anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @baghdaddy19

Since you mentioned Humble Bundle in general, I might as well ask for everybody's opinion as regards to the book publishers.  The site also has bundles for project management.  Anyone familiar with Taylor and Francis publisher?  I've hear that Packt got some bad reviews.  I just want to spend money that is really worth it.  Thanks all... 
    AnthonX
  • Options
    @anthonx

So when it comes to the publishers you definitely want to do your own research on them.
    I remember about a month ago there was a machine learning/AI book bundle on Humble Bundle and i was excited at first but then when i looked up the publishers I saw that they are low key trash. The books were written in a blog type style, in broken Indian English, and would be very difficult to learn anything from them.

But I also remember a few months back there was a cyber security book bundle and it was an amazing. I got books like Practical Malware Analysis, Hacking: Art of Exploits, Black Hat Python, The Car Hackers Hand Book, plus like 10 other books for about $30. 
    So again you really have to do your own research. Sometimes the deals on Humble Bundle are amazing and sometimes they are less than stellar.

For the project management one, I would have to say that the only book that really stands out to me is the PMI-PBA Study Guide and Practice Test. Everything else doesn't seem to be worth the money. The publishers (Taylor and Francis) have some controversy around themselves. People call them a predatory publishing company so maybe that's a bad sign. All in all the project management book bundle doesn't look like its worth it.

The CompTIA bundle on the other hand is an amazing deal in my opinion. Sybex has a great reputation and its CompTIA approved study materials. So for anyone who is trying to get their A+, Network+, and/or Security+, this is great supplemental study material.
    2020 Certification Goals
  • Options
    anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @baghdaddy19

Yes, I did my own research.  As always, research = Google.  LOL

I just wanted to hear about the community's personal experience.  The Sybex offer is tempting but it's not in my  2020 goal.  Thanks again. 
    AnthonX
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited January 2020
    IMHO Safari book service is the best option for most people here. Why research book when you can have 95% of them on that service ? Read them all :) Search within every book and read the most relevant part.  It's 400$ USD/year, about the price of 10 books and you are getting much more than book (video, live training..).  

And I agree  about PackPub book, many are written fast, the editing is average. However if you go beyond the editing, most book are written by very active member of their respective community, content is usually good.