Options

LPIC-2 complete

Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed 202-450 exam to complete requirements for LPIC-2 certification.

Found the 202-450 exam more challenging than 201-450. This is related to having more hands on experience with topics on 201-450.
Overall, it was an interesting learning experience with my least favourite topic being E-mail.

Comments

• Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I just have a lowly LPIC1 but it was a lot of hard work for me to get. Is there a reason you are going with LPIC and not Blue Hat? I notice you have a RHCSA as well
  • Options
    jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wish I could work in a Linux environment...
  • Options
    Hawk321Hawk321 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I had trouble with the email topics too...I barely administer postfix etc.
    The first part was relative easy for me, because I had to compile some kernels in a lab before going live (we uses Gentoo...but switched to CentOS).
    Degree in
    computer science, focus on IT-Security.
    CCNA R+S and CCNA CyberOPS
    LPIC-1,LPIC-2,LPIC-3: Security
    Ubiquiti: UBRSS+UBRSA
    some other certs...

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    itdept said:
    Congrats on the pass! I just have a lowly LPIC1 but it was a lot of hard work for me to get. Is there a reason you are going with LPIC and not Blue Hat? I notice you have a RHCSA as well
    Thanks @itdept. My LPIC-1 was expiring, it was an easy decision between let it expire, renew or move up to LPIC-2.
    I must add that even with experience, LPI exams are challenging. Working with Linux everyday, you don't use everything covered in the exam curriculum.

I don't choose between LPI or Red Hat, really like both. Red Hat exams are all hands-on while LPI exams are Q&A. I learn loads through preparing for both formats.

• Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner