CCNP TSHOOT Study Tips

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey All

I passed the SW exam yesterday and will now be prepping for the tshoot exam before it expires next month.

In addition to the OCG and the boson practise test could anyone advise what other learning materials would be helpful?

The biggest struggle I think I will have is that I passed route last may and aside from basic BGP and static routing Ive not touched EIGRP, OSPF or Redistribution. 🤦‍♂️

Any tips or suggestions would be helpful 🙂

Thanks
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed TSHOOT last month and I'll say that it will test you on everything that was on Switch and Route. Know your show commands relating to neighbor-ship of BGP, OSPF and EIGRP is good to know as well as the configuration. NAT, Redistribution and some IPv6 will also be tested. Knowing the topology is key and you can find the TSHOOT topology on Google. I basically pinged from the source to the destination network and traced it back (checking the route table) to the host for each SIM and that worked well. You dont need to configure anything just verify the issue and fill out a few MCQs for each SIM.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You might want to leave yourself enough time for at least one retake.