Options

IT/CS Internship

BrandonMBWBrandonMBW Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and wanted to expand my horizons! I’m finishing up my 2nd bachelors in Cyber Security. I need a summer paid internship. Any ideas or advice? 

Comments

• Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A lot of colleges and universities have a separate job page/portal just for students, you should check with your school. If not, there’s always looking online, I see quite a few internship positions for info sec/cyber security jobs on varying job sites. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Options
    BrandonMBWBrandonMBW Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your response. As far as the school portal goes, they are more so local (Oklahoma) where as I reside in Ohio. Guess that’s the downfall of an online program.
  • Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahh I gotcha. Yeah, mines the same way, I attend online and a good portion of the jobs are in the immediate area of the school that I’m doing my online degree. I may have to relocate once I graduate to get in the target job areas that I want. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration