Options

How Much Demand Is There for CCSP

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
For those who know about the CCSP do you have any idea how much demand their is for it compared to other security certifications?  I'm really considering getting it because of the high ability for a person to work from home.
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I see that you are already a CISSP,  so I would only consider it as an add-on certs for Cloud. If you want work from home, you can get some AWS or Azure certs, those certs can definitely help you with getting work from home. 
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In general this certification is gaining ground in regards to ROI. What you have to ask yourself is if there are positions in your area that have this certification as a requirement.

Good Luck!

• Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Having CCSP I consider it just something to pad the resume with. If you want to work in the cloud space I would recommend vendor-specific certifications like AWS, Azure, and GCP. Also if you can script to automate and use DevOps tools you can definately get a WFH gig with a high pay as well
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    egrizzly said:
    For those who know about the CCSP do you have any idea how much demand their is for it compared to other security certifications?  I'm really considering getting it because of the high ability for a person to work from home.
    why would having CCSP give someone a high ability to work from home?  
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I was also confused by the initial statement of CCSP being a gateway to work from home. This is something extremely company and role-specific. 
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was also confused by the initial statement of CCSP being a gateway to work from home. This is something extremely company and role-specific. 
    Exactly! I have been working remotely for the past three employers and there was no specific cert that acted as the enabler. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The work from home scenario is purely driven by company/project/culture etc - which everyone has alluded to above. On a separate note, I have found CCSP pretty neat in that architecturally its gives a good picture. Just my view. I have cloud vendor certified experts (who genuinely are good at what they do) call me all the time to help ensure the threat profile can be understood, risks can be mitigated etc. However the nitty gritty work in how to do something will naturally come if you have that particular vendor's skillset. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're on the look out for job demands for CCSP, your best bet would be job boards. In my side of the world, I don't see that many posts looking for CCSP, but more of vendor-specific ones. I also checked the ISC2 website on the CCSP member counts in my location and there are less than 20.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks SteveLavoie, bigdogz, Clm , MitM, cyberguypr, scasc, and Info_Sec_Wannabe for taking the time to input your knowledge.  I've certainly gained better perspective on whether to invest time for CCSP (or cloud security for that matter)
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    No problem at all. It seems like a massive career objective for you is to be an independent security consultant - i.e. your own firm, advising clients etc within the cyber domain. If this is the case - go for it. Do you have much experience in this space? what area of expertise do you have? Where are you based? 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    can't go wrong with cloud security. I would think getting something like AWS Security Specialty  first would be the better option and then go for CCSP afterwards.

The reason I asked why you think having CCSP would give the ability to work more from home is because I find when I talk to people involved in cloud, they all say that.  All the jobs they get are 100% remote.  Personally, when I look at job boards, I don't find that to be true, but maybe my searching isn't right :)
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @MitM I understand your point of view.. Cloud != 100% work at home.  But recently I saw more job offer with home work and they were "cloud" opportunity. But as you said, it much depend on the company culture.