BOOM! Passed GCIH!

VictorVictor5VictorVictor5 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Another one for the books ladies and gentlemen!

Next up - GPEN. Seems like there is some overlap.

VV5 out.
B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering
J.D. Candidate (2L)
In the books: CompTIA Network+, Security+, CEH, Associate of (ISC)^2, GIAC: GSEC, GAWN, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA
ProBoard: FF I & II; HAZMAT: Awareness, Operations, and Technician; Fire Instructor I; NREMT: EMT-B. Next up: Fire Officer I
Currently Working on: PE-Electrical and Electronics, Patent and State Bars, and Juris Doctor (law degree)
Next: GCIA/GCWN and/or GCUX/PMP/GSE
Next after next: Med school!!!!! Lol

Comments

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great job! 

Did your employee foot the bill or you had it paid through some other means (e.g., GI Bill)?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • VictorVictor5VictorVictor5 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Info_Sec_Wannabe fortunately my employer picked up the tab, but in my company it's like you have to "know a guy" to get SANS training. Kinda like a Mafia thing!
    B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
    In the books: CompTIA Network+, Security+, CEH, Associate of (ISC)^2, GIAC: GSEC, GAWN, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA
    ProBoard: FF I & II; HAZMAT: Awareness, Operations, and Technician; Fire Instructor I; NREMT: EMT-B. Next up: Fire Officer I
    Currently Working on: PE-Electrical and Electronics, Patent and State Bars, and Juris Doctor (law degree)
    And thanks btw!
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Another one for the books ladies and gentlemen!

Next up - GPEN. Seems like there is some overlap.

VV5 out.
    Congratulations! And yes there is a lot of overlap - so much that I was able to use my GCIH index for a bulk of the material while only updating the book and page numbers.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Reef-TipReef-Tip Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did you find the labs questions, I am about to set the exam in March. 
    Thanks! @E Double U and @averageguy72
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
    @Reef-Tip - for the lab questions, if you focus on the labs from the Workbook, you will be fine. I will caution you though, I'm not a fan of their environment because when I tried to type in commands and review the question, it's like you had to click back a couple of times to start re-typing your command. It's a bit annoying so do add some time to finish those questions. Plus reviewing the question takes up considerable screen space. I wish GIAC would address that.
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think there's room for improvement for SANS exams, like when it pauses a few seconds when loading the next question. I've waited up to 4 or 5 seconds at times, it not only nerve racking, it robs you of precious exam time.  It must be loading it from a online connection.  A better method would be create a VM, load all the questions, and take the exam. This way there no way to save the exam to steal it, and there's no delay waiting for the next question to load. 
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    @TechGromit agreed, but I never experienced the in between question lag you do unfortunately. The virtual environment could definitely use some improvements.
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @TechGromit agreed, but I never experienced the in between question lag you do unfortunately. The virtual environment could definitely use some improvements.
    Perhaps is was the testing centers network connection, maybe centers with more bandwidth do not have this issue. I always used the same location, it was a tech training school to teaching students computer basics. I liked it because the test computers were on big desks with lots of room to spread out my exam materials. When I took my A+, Network+ at a different testing center, the test computer was in a tiny cube with no space around it.  
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.