Kali Linux 2020.1 Released

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□

Looks like even more changes. Seems like they just made the last release. Hope this one isn't missing software like the last one. Best bet, at least for me, is to test it on a clean install rather than upgrade my older versions. Better to test it first.

Comments

• roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Time to update my Ansible scripts!
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ugh! more testing. oh well.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just built and customized a base image from 2019.4 last month and it's finally right about where I want it. Going to stick with that for the next 6 months or so. Would be weird getting used to running a non-root user. That is bound to cause some conflicts somewhere I bet.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yoba222 said:
    I just built and customized a base image from 2019.4 last month and it's finally right about where I want it. Going to stick with that for the next 6 months or so. Would be weird getting used to running a non-root user. That is bound to cause some conflicts somewhere I bet.
    That's why I just installed a new VM with 2020.1 rather than update. It's a nice clean layout, but I'd rather take some time to get used to it. They do offer instructions for making the default user root. Interesting that they don't work. Also, I don't see how I can update/upgrade this installation without being root.

Also, OWASP-ZAP is still missing, as it was in 2019.4.