Pathway towards MCSA

Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
From the stuff I can find on the MS website, the MCSA requires (for me) 270, 290, 291 for the 3 core and 1 elective which should be MCDST which I achieved today :D

My question is, what do you recommened for me to start studying first, I do not have much experience in the Windows Server side of things while the 270 book looks very "huge" compared to the 290 - I don't have 291 book right now but from what I can find, the 291 should be huge as well.

Nonetheless, would I be better off doing the client exam first or the networking ones first?

Thanks and best regards
Jason

Comments

• SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi!

I think the best way for most people is the path of 270->290->291. It worked for me. icon_wink.gif

Best of luck! :)
  • Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Which of 270 or 290 is more easier? I know its different for everyone but just a general opinion.

Seeing I just completed MCDST, I think 270 might be better for me.

I think I'll start studying on Friday for 270.

Thanks
    Jason
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Since you're fresh off getting your MCDST, I definitely recommend doing 70-270 first, then 70-290, then 70-291.
    Thanks for the replies.
    I see that 270 is more the recommeneded option.
    Then 270 it is.

Also, is it possible to upgrade to MCSE from MCSA with MCDST?

Jason
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Mr.Bobster wrote:
    Also, is it possible to upgrade to MCSE from MCSA with MCDST?
    It's not technically an upgrade, you just have to pass more tests. I believe there's 2 additional infrastructure tests, a design test, and an elective, since your MCDST only counts as an elective for MCSA.
    I see, thanks for the reply.
    Ill get on to 70270 then, can't wait for the weekends. :D
    Thanks
    Jason