GPEN Complete! Boom!

VictorVictor5VictorVictor5 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not my best performance, but GPEN is in the books ladies and gentlemen! 

Two certs in two weeks, plus law school. Kids, don't try this at home :wink:

VV5 out.
B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering
J.D. Candidate (2L)
In the books: CompTIA Network+, Security+, CEH, Associate of (ISC)^2, GIAC: GSEC, GAWN, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA
ProBoard: FF I & II; HAZMAT: Awareness, Operations, and Technician; Fire Instructor I; NREMT: EMT-B. Next up: Fire Officer I
Currently Working on: PE-Electrical and Electronics, Patent and State Bars, and Juris Doctor (law degree)
Next: GCIA/GCWN and/or GCUX/PMP/GSE
Next after next: Med school!!!!! Lol

Comments

• charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited February 2020
    Congrats! How was the test like? I’m almost done with the self study and I’m about to work on my index. 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • VictorVictor5VictorVictor5 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @charismaticx - highly recommend a practice exam (if you have them) and doing the labs. Advice: leave yourself some time for the lab questions because they can be a bit laggy in terms of connectivity.
    B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
    In the books: CompTIA Network+, Security+, CEH, Associate of (ISC)^2, GIAC: GSEC, GAWN, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA
    ProBoard: FF I & II; HAZMAT: Awareness, Operations, and Technician; Fire Instructor I; NREMT: EMT-B. Next up: Fire Officer I
    Currently Working on: PE-Electrical and Electronics, Patent and State Bars, and Juris Doctor (law degree)
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I planned on taking a practice test once I finished with the index. The exams are known to be a little buggy when you hit submit on an answer. Pacing is what helped me when I took GCIA. 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! GPEN is my next one. 

I am just out of the SEC560 classes with Jeff McJunkin. So I am taking a few day rest and I will start indexing and studying for the test. I have some lab that I have to re-do at home to be fully understand and not be only the "lab-monkey'.
    Thanks guys! @SteveLavoie all the best!
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not my best performance, but GPEN is in the books ladies and gentlemen! 

Two certs in two weeks, plus law school. Kids, don't try this at home :wink:

VV5 out.
    I'm looking at GPEN next too! I'm also looking at law school but can't get past the LSAT prep. Any pointers?
    @Grafixx01 PM me. There are strategies for the LSAT, especially the RC sections. I believe they are getting rid of the LG section due to a recent lawsuit.
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    VictorVictor5, your signature is a tad unambitious. I don't even see rocket scientist listed as a to-do yet.   ;)
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    Don't tempt me @yoba222! TBH I see ridiculous signature blocks at my job, so I was like, yeah, let me be that guy! :smiley:
    J.D. Candidate (2L)