Offensive Security - PWK 2020 Course Update

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
For those of you interested, offensive security has updated the PWK Course with new modules as well as updated the current learning modules. 

WHAT’S NEW IN PWK FOR 2020?

New

• Modules
    • Active Directory Attacks
    • PowerShell Empire
    • Introduction to Buffer Overflows
    • Bash Scripting
  • Labs: 3 dedicated student virtual machines (Windows 10 client, Active Directory domain controller, Debian client), more shared lab machines
  • New target network to facilitate a hands-on walkthrough demonstrating a complete penetration testing exercise
  • Extra mile exercises
Updated

• All existing modules were updated, most notably:
    • Passive Information Gathering
    • Win32 Buffer Overflows
    • Privilege Escalation
    • Client-Side Attacks
    • Web Application Attacks
    • Port Redirection and Tunneling
    • The Metasploit Framework
  • Updates to existing machines’ OS and attack vectors

If you are a current student, using your "purchase link" here are the following prices:

Updated Course Materials - $199
Updated Course Materials w/ Lab extension 30 days - $559
Updated Course Materials w/ Lab extension 60 days - $799
Updated Course Materials w/ Lab extension 90 days - $999

Lab extensions alone without updated course materials (certification attempt NO LONGER included), 15 - 239$, 30 - $359, 60 - $599, 90 - $799.

Exam - $150

https://www.offensive-security.com/pwk-oscp/

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just saw this email come out this morning. Glad I'm not too far through my studies to have to shift gears to the new course materials. I saw that its double in length. I wonder if the videos have been redone as well. Do you know if the exam/certification is changing, or just the study materials? 
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited February 2020
    I heard the exam is NOT changing. PWK Addressing some questions.

WHAT ABOUT STUDENTS WHO PURCHASED PRIOR TO THE UPDATE?

Both versions of the PWK course prepare you for the exam. The change in course material will not make the exam any harder than it already was, so you will have just as much of a chance to pass as you did before the update.

Students who want to access the new course material have two choices:

1. Purchase an upgrade to receive the new PWK materials and lab access (paying the upgrade price, not the full course price).
    2. Continue with the previous version of the course materials and labs.

If you choose to upgrade, you can do so at any time. Please visit our FAQ page for more details.

Vouchers: Students who redeem a voucher after the update is live will receive access to the updated PWK course material and the new lab environment.

Extensions: As noted above, lab extensions no longer come with an exam attempt. If you have already purchased the course and 30, 60, or 90 days of lab time, you will have one exam attempt. Further attempts will require you to purchase a retake.

Please note that this applies to all courses, not just PWK.

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    I watched their new trailer. From the looks of it, it's a pretty big/good update and probably consolidates from some of the necessity of outside material to the course. I've heard some people recommend Georgia Weidman's book etc in preparation. However, I think this is probably the better route, just review the latest course materials and buy lab time.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, the new update looks great and might just be enough to tip me over to knocking it out this year for fun.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    roninkai said:
    I watched their new trailer. From the looks of it, it's a pretty big/good update and probably consolidates from some of the necessity of outside material to the course. I've heard some people recommend Georgia Weidman's book etc in preparation. However, I think this is probably the better route, just review the latest course materials and buy lab time.
    To be fair, the course has always been just that...a course with materials to study. I think there is just some fundamental things to understand before tackling the topic. And Weidman's book/course were the best examples of what students should expect to be doing (these days, it's IppSec, though he and HTB get way beyond scope). Too many students think about OSCP and have no real idea what they will be doing.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If anyone here who has taken and passed the older version of the course buys the new materials, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the updates. I'm considering purchasing the upgrade just to have the updated materials.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    Ditto here. This is maybe, honestly the first *real* update to the materials since inception.

Yes, they had a previous version, but their updates have been cosmetic to move from BackTrack 5 to Kali to Kali 2.

OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    It is great they upgraded the course materials. One has to wonder if they plan on upgrading the CTP/OSCE materials.

I may look into upgrading the materials, I will let you guys know. I am still up in the air though, I paid $250 for 3 month VHL labs and book, and that stuff was really really good. I guess If I fail my next OSCP exam attempt, I will buy the upgraded course book and some lab time. 
    I bit the bullet and bought the upgrade last night simply because I had already ear marked the OSCP as a goal this year. I think with the content doubling in size, this should be enough as a single source of study (that's my hope anyway). I was planning to review the Kali Linux Revealed book, but I'm not going to waste any more time. Head first we go....

I'm anxious to get started, but they say I have to wait 5 business days to receive the course materials.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I bought the upgrade when it was released, I was told it will take only 3 business days, I will let you guys know when I get the new content.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm in!
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    roninkai said:
    ...I was planning to review the Kali Linux Revealed book, but I'm not going to waste any more time...
    This is a good thing. I'm not sure that book will really help anyone in the OSCP pursuit. It's really about maintaining the distro if you're supporting a team of enterprise folks that use Kali as a platform.

Got the course materials today, finally! Ready to dive in. At 800+ pages, the new manual is a beast!
    roninkai said:
    Got the course materials today, finally! Ready to dive in. At 800+ pages, the new manual is a beast!
    very nice! 
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This was a good news for me, I need to get back to this training, will be my third time on this, time pass fast

Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.