Passed CCNA 200-125 today

xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
There was a whole simulation that I skipped (couldn't get the commands to work; realized my mistake after the test), so I was sure I had failed. But I passed, even if just barely!

Just in time, too - my CCENT, A+, and Network+ were set to expire in April, and of course I wanted to pass before the Feb. 23 deadline.

Nice to have done...now to decide where to concentrate. I'm thinking of maybe taking a short break from route/switch and working on Python, Linux, or Wireshark. Maybe Project+.
A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well done, congrats. What resources did you use?
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. My vote for you is to get your full CCNA and than go Linux. 
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @itdept

Thanks! I used Chris Bryant's CCNA course on Udemy, watched some of INE's videos and did some of the CCNA labs they provide, and took a CCNAX course from Sunset Learning (paid for by my generous employer).

This video on subnetting from Sunset shows the "subnetting slide rule" taught by the same instructor I had - highly recommended. I reviewed it the morning I took the exam and practiced at https://www.subnetting.net/Subnetting.aspx?mode=practice, and it helped a lot.

@mgmguy1

Thanks for the advice! I see that you've earned the Linux Essentials cert - are there any resources you'd recommend?

The 200-125 exam that I passed was for the CCNA (I passed the CCENT about 3 years ago).

A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+