Interview: How to respond to no dates on education?

PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
On my resume, I did not put dates on my education because I am an older worker, though I did graduate. I was invited to interview. How do I respond if asked?

What would hiring managers think?
- I didn't graduate?
- They've come across this before, this is an older worker.

If pegged, should I be honest, I left out dates for my education because of age discrimination concerns.

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    If I'm asked, I'll answer with the real dates. I'd wonder why they're asking to be honest...I mean they will see you in person and they can estimate your age anyway
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited February 2020
    I'm back on the market looking and I am finding the applications are asking for these dates and won't proceed until you put it into the ATS.  Being in data the rational reason is they want to look at performance / correlations between the candidates and predictors for being successful. Along with a whole host of other reason, productivity, cash loss due to illness etc....

But what happens when they find out older employers aren't as productive?  Do they stop hiring them?  

If you have job rating and you correlate it with age and the employees who are older and less productive do they start to weight candidates by age?   Not saying this correlation is true but you do start to open those doors.  

@Panther IMO they will assume you are older.  New grads are proud of that and will list their dates.....   Just my opinion.  
  • Hawk321Hawk321 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I simply put a short list on my CV. If they really wanna know more details a serious HR person asks you and will ever respects you !!!
    And  maybe I can give you one advice:
    If HR does not pay respect to you or wants stuff that seems totally irrelevant (like a high school diploma that was printed 30 years ago)...stand up and leave !

I did that multiple times, live is to short to pay any attention to HR bullshit.
    Degree in
    computer science, focus on IT-Security.
    CCNA R+S and CCNA CyberOPS
    LPIC-1,LPIC-2,LPIC-3: Security
    Ubiquiti: UBRSS+UBRSA
    some other certs...