family

sarakmssarakms Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I have a question about can work in Kuwait with my family I will go there with my son he is 16 years old. how about a school there?

Comments

• LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm assuming the company that is sponsoring you in Kuwait will also sponsor your family, if that's the case, then yes he can go with you. Some companies, especially on DoD contracts, won't sponsor families.
    Schools for expat children are private, it depends on what you are willing to pay for (good schools cost more obviously), and how much your employer will contribute. Some companies will pay 100% of school costs up to a certain amount, some 80%, some merely 50%, and some, nothing at all.
    These are the kinds of details you need to go over in your offer letter for the total benefit; aside from base salary, look at type of accommodations, look at family leave ticket allowances, transportation allowances; will they provide you car or money for a car, or you have to get your own? Will they pay for schooling for dependents? What about shipment of household goods and personal effects?

This link below will give you a rough estimate of the cost of living, it's set for UAE right now but you can easily change it for Kuwait, and you can compare to your home town.

• sarakmssarakms Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the response, do you know about a pet I have a small dog and I like to bring him with us but I Vectrust's policy said no pets allowed, and I don't know what should I do with my dog.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    What aren't pets allowed??
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    at form said Vectrust's building not pat allowed.
    sorry I mean pets.  
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    sarakms said:
    Thanks for the response, do you know about a pet I have a small dog and I like to bring him with us but I Vectrust's policy said no pets allowed, and I don't know what should I do with my dog.
    You're going to have to leave him behind if your employer's housing does not allow pets. I feel you, I had to leave behind my two cats on my first deployment, I didn't have anyone in my area who could look after them, I had no choice but to bring them to the Humane Society animal shelter. Hopefully in your situation you have a family member who can look after him.
    Anyway, transporting a pet depends on the airline, and destination country, should you bring your dog along anyway. Find out what the vaccination requirements are for dogs in Kuwait and ensure they are up to date. I don't advise bringing him if Vectrus has a no pet policy for their accommodations, however.

Ok I will figure out bout him but it’s so sad, I wish he can comes with us.