Options

Just scheduled CCNA 200-301 exam

DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited February 2020 in CCNA & CCENT
So yeah, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the new exam. I scheduled it for March 14th, which gives me 2 weeks from now to do some wrap up studying. I initially started studying for the 200-125 but came in too late in the game as I was not confident in myself enough to make the deadline. I'm extremely nervous despite studying for the past 5 months. I work and go to school and have a family, so my time is limited for studying. After reading the new syllabus, I was thankful there was alot of carryovers but still quite a good bit of new content such as Wireless and Automation in which entire books have been written about the two individually, that I'd have to study for.

So my study plan has been:

• CCNA 200-301 OCG Vol. 1 and 2 by Wendell Odom
  • CCNA Certification Study Guide Volume 2 by Lammle(to get a 2nd perspective and drill in the more difficult concepts)
  • Wiley Test Banks that came with Lammle's book(its alright, nowhere near in depth as Boson but has interesting questions)
  • Boson Ex-Sim Max
  • Boson NetSim
  • NetworkChuck(for motivation)
  • Prayer
I've been passing the Boson exsims with acceptable scores, but I'm trying to aim for higher and more consistent scores. Just recently, I watched both Paul Browning's and David Bombal's youtube videos detailing their personal 200-301 exam experiences and both have suggested that there is content on the new exam that is NOT LISTED in the syllabus such as EIGRP, MPLS and BGP to name a few. So thankfully I still have the older boson software that covers that.

The exam has been stated to have twice the amount of questions(110 - 120?) that the 200-125 had and I'm allowed 140 minutes according to my exam schedule info. This is going to be a very long exam. Wish me luck and your thoughts and comments are always appreciated! 
Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration

Comments

• Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck with your studies. I used Odom's OCG and Packet Tracer extensively. I passed the ICND2 exam just before the deadline. I used Boson for the first time and it is certainly in-depth and can provide you info on your weak areas. It also had material not included in the ICND2 topics and that frustrated/discouraged me. I found the actual exam easier then anticipated, hopefully that is the same for you. You got this!
  • Options
    Thanks! I appreciate it! Definitely, i like that Boson really brings together multiple concepts in their questions and the study mode is awesome, it really forced me to truly study.
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Any news on the exam?
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good, congrats. 
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    jhonson_11jhonson_11 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I found a free learning website. I passed the exam last week and shared it with you. If you want to continue to learn CCIE, I hope it can help you. website: freeciscodumps.com
  • Options
    @jhonson_11

I don’t know if you know this, but using testdumps are 100% prohibited with Cisco and if they find out you have used them, they will most likely revoke your certifications and possibly bar you from taking Cisco exams for however long they see fit. 

I am against the willing and knowing use of testdumps. Boson exsim and netsim are legitimate and permitted testing software that have absolutely helped me to pass my CCNA and Pearson testing software as well. I strongly recommend you examine the sites you get your test practice from and determine whether they are an illegal **** site or not.