Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Yeah it seems to me contractors make the world world revolve around the uplift, but in reality their skillsets set them to 50k-90k in the real world, this is not the case for everyone of course as there are highly skilled and talented people out there. I told anyone who could move up in roles or change to Iraq, if they haven't done so already, you're losing money. Once i'm able to make my move when I reach my time in position, i'll be making a move very quickly up the ladder, which country this happens in does not matter. If Iraq and Afghanistan closed, I think we all would be ok, just those people with the extravagant lift styles would be in a pickle. (unless they just got it like that)
    Exactly, the smart people maintain a lifestyle based on their base salary and save and invest their uplifts and overtime. Interestingly enough my current employer does not pay uplifts but has a good base salary for, my position. That said, after four years here I decided enough deployment and took a job in Abu Dhabi with an excellent expat package and I can live almost normal lol.

There are a few countries I'm looking at in going to right now, but the hiring process takes a long time no matter what you do, just like those individuals waiting to deploy, some of us are waiting to demobilize, but won't do anything until we have 100% confirmed the next move.
    V/R

• LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Xepher said:
    There are a few countries I'm looking at in going to right now, but the hiring process takes a long time no matter what you do, just like those individuals waiting to deploy, some of us are waiting to demobilize, but won't do anything until we have 100% confirmed the next move.
    It sure does lol. This company took so long to hire me that I use their process as a simile now, "this is going as slow as XYZ's hiring process!"
  • Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know if there's a backlog on clearance still? was researching some articles wasn't sure. 
  • BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jr1984 said:
    Does anyone know if there's a backlog on clearance still? was researching some articles wasn't sure. 
    I put my EQIP in October 10, had no interview, no references contacted. My job got the employment verification card the same month. Got my interim Nov 10 and my full Feb 20
    Bropez said:
    Jr1984 said:
    I put my EQIP in October 10, had no interview, no references contacted. My job got the employment verification card the same month. Got my interim Nov 10 and my full Feb 20
    Are you still waiting to deploy?  
  • BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah but I'm not counting on it. Theres obviously a ton of people in line
    The reason some of you may be seeing delays is due to the potential of anticipated base closures, and what I would assume, we're preparing for this happening, hence the lack of real personnel movements. I know a couple people in the process and per our discussion they have been on hold for a while as far as getting a CRC date.  
    V/R

• isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    I recently passed a technical interview for vectrus for a network admin I. Just waiting on the offer letter. Does anyone know if the recent outbreak of the coronavirus is putting a delay on things. As far as CRC dates. Are they still deploying contractors to Afghanistan 
  • brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anybody know what the IT certification requirements are changing to? I'm still processing for a clearance but I know virtually every continuing education cert they listed as required for SA is being retired in June this year and not obtainable or renewable past then.
  • WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    Just because someone announces a drawdown doesn't mean much, especially with the number of troops overseas. How many times since the war started has it been a drawdown. Now, how many times have we actually totally 100% left. I can only remember once.

Google the amount of times that a President has announced a drawdown. Now, look at that year and see that contractors were at the time STILL overseas.

edited March 2020
    isiac316 said:
    I recently passed a technical interview for vectrus for a network admin I. Just waiting on the offer letter. Does anyone know if the recent outbreak of the coronavirus is putting a delay on things. As far as CRC dates. Are they still deploying contractors to Afghanistan 
    I don't think you need to be worried. I've seen a new person in the past 2-3 weeks. You aren't scared are you? If you are let me make it worse. It's a case(s)of Coronavirus in various places in the Middle East.  I'll make it even more specific. It's a case of the virus in every country that Vectrus has a presence.  ;)

You still want to deploy? Google It. I am not saying anything that can't be googled. Except for the insider threat my last time posting LOL
    brambis said:
    Anybody know what the IT certification requirements are changing to? I'm still processing for a clearance but I know virtually every continuing education cert they listed as required for SA is being retired in June this year and not obtainable or renewable past then.
    So, we are currently in March. The (Microsoft) certification is retiring in June. 

A good portion of the big bases have a testing center. 

I'll do you one more favor:

All Microsoft exams can be proctored in your room (unless this has changed in the past year). I've taken more than one Microsoft exam in my room with my webcam. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it honestly. 
    isiac316 said:
    That could be a factor as well, and the base closures, we're anticipating tons of people being consolidated (filling slots internally).

brambis said:
    i'm sure they will accept the Azure even though they aren't applicable, but i'm going to inquire about this, we're all tracking this change as well.
    V/R

WhiteMilk said:
    brambis said:
    So, we are currently in March. The (Microsoft) certification is retiring in June. 

All Microsoft exams can be proctored in your room (unless this has changed in the past year). I've taken more than one Microsoft exam in my room with my webcam. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it honestly. 
    It's not having access to a testing, it will be the fact you can no longer test for the required certifications regardless of your location. 
    V/R

• Tech_123Tech_123 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brambis said:

MCSA 2016 is going away?
    edited March 2020
    Bropez said:
    This is depending on the job AND location.

The more prestigious and higher paying the job, more than likely the more number of applicants. 

If you are waiting for ADPE/Service Desk your wait might not be extremely long. What I highly suggest people do (if they NEED the money), take a job in another country then transfer in 6 months to the original country you wanted to go to. If you don't need the money, wait it out. . . . 

People transferring is the norm. It's almost like 2-3 a month transferring internally (higher tier/Different building/Different Vectrus Contract/Five Rivers to Vectrus, another section, another country) Seriously!!
    Tech_123 said:
    brambis said:

MCSA 2016 is going away?
    All of them are, their switching to cloud. It hasn't happened yet, i'm sure Vectrus will push a memo of what's acceptable and what not.WhiteMilk said:
    Bropez said:

The more prestigious and higher paying the job, more than likely the more number of applicants. 

If you are waiting for ADPE/Service Desk your wait might not be extremely long. What I highly suggest people do (if they NEED the money), take a job in another country then transfer in 6 months to the original country you wanted to go to. If you don't need the money, wait it out. . . . 

People transferring is the norm. It's almost like 2-3 a month transferring internally (higher tier/Different building/Different Vectrus Contract/Five Rivers to Vectrus, another section, another country) Seriously!!
    6 months is a long time especially with the anticipated removal of services from Afghanistan already. You have to wait 6 months internally/externally regardless of position to transfer anywhere.
    V/R

Tech_123 said:
    brambis said:

MCSA 2016 is going away?
    Yeah the whole MCSA program is being retired. They are replacing them with more specific Azure certs. I don't know the state of Military IT right now but when I got out everything was on prem and we were only beginning the migration to the cloud. This might put DOD in a bind. 

Xepher said:
    isiac316 said:
    That could be a factor as well, and the base closures, we're anticipating tons of people being consolidated (filling slots internally).

brambis said:
    i'm sure they will accept the Azure even though they aren't applicable, but i'm going to inquire about this, we're all tracking this change as well.
    If you find out anything please post! Thanks!
    brambis said:
    Tech_123 said:
    brambis said:

MCSA 2016 is going away?
    Yeah the whole MCSA program is being retired. They are replacing them with more specific Azure certs. I don't know the state of Military IT right now but when I got out everything was on prem and we were only beginning the migration to the cloud. This might put DOD in a bind. 

Xepher said:
    isiac316 said:

brambis said:
    If you find out anything please post! Thanks!
    i'll ask and post the results.
    V/R

Xepher said:
    Tech_123 said:
    brambis said:

MCSA 2016 is going away?
    All of them are, their switching to cloud. It hasn't happened yet, i'm sure Vectrus will push a memo of what's acceptable and what not.WhiteMilk said:
    Bropez said:

6 months is a long time especially with the anticipated removal of services from Afghanistan already. You have to wait 6 months internally/externally regardless of position to transfer anywhere.
    Lol

YOU Keep waiting on that anticipation. Don't try to slow anyone else down. 

It is people in Kuwait in some sections that are making more than people in other "deployed" areas. It's definitely money to be made outside of Afghan and Iraq.  Your new name is the bad news bear.

Please post again when you can produce  FACTS  not hypotheticals and your hypothesis on what the future holds based on political jargon. 

Like I said and this is my last time saying it:

Just because someone announces a drawdown doesn't mean much, especially with the number of troops overseas. How many times since the war started has it been a drawdown. Now, how many times have we actually totally 100% left. I can only remember once.

Enough about that. Anyways...

As you can read online Kuwait shut down the airport for a bit. It seems a lot of countries are going into isolation mode, which I don't blame them. Considering people use the airport in Kuwait for leave, it'll hopefully not have a negative impact on future movement. But, I think it's better to play it safe than sorry until this thing is contained..whenever that'll be.

So, it's possible CRC could be impacted. IF I worked at CRC (military/civilians), I wouldn't want to come into contact with hundreds of contractors a week coming from who knows where with who knows what.. That is just being honest...

I wish everyone good luck in the process! Keep us updated with your progress 

edited March 2020
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    brambis said:

It's not having access to a testing, it will be the fact you can no longer test for the required certifications regardless of your location. 

I had to read this 6 times to attempt to understand why you posted wrong information.   

You've given the most damaging fictional based information I've seen on this thread in years since page 1. I am not sure who you are now. I am not sure anyone can take you serious....

You can no longer test for a cert that you can do in your room that comes to end of life in June and we are in March? I am CONFIDENT, the list of applicable certification has more than Microsoft on it.

If you don't think it's a Pearson VUE testing center overseas, you listened to Xepher, which I don't (ever) suggest. Does every base have one no, but they exist. 

Whatever ya'll do, don't listen to this guy. I'll come back in a few weeks, this was a waste of bandwidth..
    edited March 2020
    Covering your ears and screaming in denial doesn't change policy, or facts lol. Just because a full draw down hasn't happened in the past doesn't mean it won't happen ever. This time a peace "treaty" has been reached with the Taliban, not that it's worth the paper it's printed on, or would even be worth the paper if that paper was used as toilet paper. The agreement calls for all foreign soldiers to be out of Afghanistan within 18 months. This is a fact, you can look it up. We can question the rationality of making a treaty with an adversary who was killing our men while "negotiating peace", or has no way to verify and enforce compliance on the Taliban end, you can even call this treaty a surrender (I sure do), but the treaty is in place. The current President is set on bringing the soldiers home and completely out of Afghanistan after 18 years. Flaming me or @Xepher doesn't change there is a treaty and timetable in effect now. Of course this can change in the future, but I wouldn't bank on it and luckily I don't have to. Expat jobs can be nearly as lucrative as deployed jobs.
    edited March 2020
    You've been the most political person on this thread. 

Anybody who says:

The average CCNA salary in USA is $72,500 per year

Whoever mentions this, I (or anybody for that matter) can't take serious. 

You and Xepher say the same things. It's probably one person and two accounts  ;)

hate to be the downer here, but the current administration is set on pulling out most if not all US troops, to the point they were negotiating with an adversary who was obviously to everyone else not negotiating in good faith

LOL, wow, I never said anything against Vectrus. I just brought attention to the very real possibility the gravy train in Afghanistan will wind down soon. That has nothing to do with Vectrus or other DoD contracting companies.

Have a good day Sir.

You still failed to address my points, and resorted to borderline ad hominem attacks lol.
    Here, argue with glassdoor, after all, you obviously know everything lol:
    https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/ccna-network-engineer-salary-SRCH_KO0,21.htm

Here, not behind a paywall, about the "agreement". I was wrong to call it a treaty since treaties require the Senate to ratify. Ask an adult if you have problems understanding what "reduction of troops to 8600 by summer" and "eventually withdraw completely from Afghanistan within 14 months if Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups do not reemerge there." mean. 
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-02-29/u-s-taliban-sign-accord-to-end-afghanistan-war

Next time argue the points people make, instead of throwing a tirade and flaming those who post things that don't agree with your cocoon safe space. That's what we big people do. 

Just FYI, this is the list I received from Vectrus of suitable CE certs for Sys Admin. This doesn't seem to be from DOD's 8570 requirement which has like none of these. All of these are either already gone or will be in June.

* Microsoft: MCSA - Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2012
    * Microsoft: MCSA - Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2016
    * Microsoft: MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
    * Microsoft: MCSE - Private Cloud 2012
    * Microsoft: MCSE - Server Infrastructure 2012
    * Microsoft: MCSM - Certified Solutions Master (Any)
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Architect
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Master
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Administrator
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Administrator: Security
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Engineer
  • Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brambis said:

Just FYI, this is the list I received from Vectrus of suitable CE certs for Sys Admin. This doesn't seem to be from DOD's 8570 requirement which has like none of these. All of these are either already gone or will be in June.

DOD's 8570 requirement is only for Baseline, they dont care about CE. The CE is based on the contract with Vectrus and the government.
    brambis said:

DOD's 8570 requirement is only for Baseline, they dont care about CE. The CE is based on the contract with Vectrus and the government.
    Yeah I figured that. 
    I was in Kuwait my process for vectrus but they were taking way to long I decided to wait my clearance process here in the states this process is one of the longest ones i seen. Hope everyone is safe I was able to get out Tuesday morning I cant imagine being stuck there with no job. Remaining positive this will not take too long. I'm blessed I was able to come back and get my old job in the states 
    Jr1984 said:
    I was in Kuwait my process for vectrus but they were taking way to long I decided to wait my clearance process here in the states this process is one of the longest ones i seen. Hope everyone is safe I was able to get out Tuesday morning I cant imagine being stuck there with no job. Remaining positive this will not take too long. I'm blessed I was able to come back and get my old job in the states 
    You should be getting paid as an employee in Kuwait, if you have started going to CRC.
    V/R

WhiteMilk said:
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    brambis said:

I had to read this 6 times to attempt to understand why you posted wrong information.   

You've given the most damaging fictional based information I've seen on this thread in years since page 1. I am not sure who you are now. I am not sure anyone can take you serious....

You can no longer test for a cert that you can do in your room that comes to end of life in June and we are in March? I am CONFIDENT, the list of applicable certification has more than Microsoft on it.

If you don't think it's a Pearson VUE testing center overseas, you listened to Xepher, which I don't (ever) suggest. Does every base have one no, but they exist. 

Whatever ya'll do, don't listen to this guy. I'll come back in a few weeks, this was a waste of bandwidth..
    You're confident or you know, if you checked the share point and provided applicable information? I've never said there wasn't any testing center, if you've read what i've said, you would understand i'm passing information that's applicable in regards to future candidates. The base subject was they are expiring. Instead of being confident, why don't you provide factual information?But if you want to debate, about my position for paste, future and present employees we can do that I don't mind. LordQarlyn said:
    Covering your ears and screaming in denial doesn't change policy, or facts lol. Just because a full draw down hasn't happened in the past doesn't mean it won't happen ever. This time a peace "treaty" has been reached with the Taliban, not that it's worth the paper it's printed on, or would even be worth the paper if that paper was used as toilet paper. The agreement calls for all foreign soldiers to be out of Afghanistan within 18 months. This is a fact, you can look it up. We can question the rationality of making a treaty with an adversary who was killing our men while "negotiating peace", or has no way to verify and enforce compliance on the Taliban end, you can even call this treaty a surrender (I sure do), but the treaty is in place. The current President is set on bringing the soldiers home and completely out of Afghanistan after 18 years. Flaming me or @Xepher doesn't change there is a treaty and timetable in effect now. Of course this can change in the future, but I wouldn't bank on it and luckily I don't have to. Expat jobs can be nearly as lucrative as deployed jobs.
    Yeah, there is no real need to panic, the reality is, that there are potential base closures, tons of people waiting to go CRC and the Cornia Virus halting flights. Most of these things are factors. In addition to that, what I stated about the certifications was for situational awareness.
    V/R