Passed Network+

bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□

Passed the Network+ exam 729/720 (Barely passed I know; however, pass is still a pass)

I mentioned a year ago I would write how I passed.

Materials: 1. Jason Dion course and practice exams

2. Exam Cram book

3. Mike Meyers Practice exams

Firstly, I printed off the exam objectives https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-network-(n10-006)_examobjectives.pdf

When I started studying I found it very full on and overwhelmed with all the information I had to take, I ended up studying over a period of 8 months due to work and everyday duties and also not feeling very confident.

At the end of the course I was then onto the practice exams, I was scoring around 75-85% on both practice exams. Still didn’t feel very confident with taking the exam but thought “Well someday I’ll have to take it” I ended up booking.

Test day came around and my exam was booked for 9am, I was up early to go over notes and to memorise my notes to put onto the plastic notepad. (Research the test centre, when I had my A+ exam I was in a cubicle on my own, this time I booked at a different centre, I was in a room with others which was pretty distracting).
So the exam started and literally the first 10 questions were so confusing and got me into a panic, I had the feeling of failure and thought OMG what a waste of money and this was way over my head. After the first 10 I got more confident and when I submitted my exam after reviewing most the questions I checked. I couldn’t believe it when “CONGRATULATIONS” appeared on my screen.

Overall I scored 729/720, I probably got those first 10 questions wrong haha, but I passed and now I don’t have to redo this in a hurry. I found this exam harder than the practice exams, however I passed so it must of been nervous at the time.

CCNA is next for me.   

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well done! CCNA should take less time than the Network+ now that you have some networking skills. Lots of information out there as well.
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    Awesome! Congratulations
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I didn’t do too great on my network+ but I passed mine and you’re absolutely right, a pass is a pass! 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    He passed it a year ago :wink: but congrats nontheless
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Neil86 said:
    He passed it a year ago :wink: but congrats nontheless
    Lol, whoops, totally did not see the time stamp! 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All good guys.. this is why we have a forum to Give advice and help one another!
  • shartsell71shartsell71 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • RunningForwardRunningForward Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What about Professor Messer's website and videos?
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrad, good work
  • AJ2kAJ2k Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Hoping I can say I passed sometime later this year :)
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
    Wow, I can’t believe this post is still going :)... Update with me, i have passed my CCNA back in July 2020”, and now getting back into studying. Im going more towards the security side of things, looking at doing Sec+ 

ps i still don't have a networking position :( 
    What about Professor Messer's website and videos?
    Sorry, i forgot to mention i did look through his course which was great. The seven second subnetting was explained really well for people that struggle on that topic. (I was one of them)