New Job is requiring ITIL Foundation v4 certification

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Good Afternoon folks,
My new job is requiring I get ITILv4 certified in ASAP May-June by the latest. I am stating to go thru this form thread and have started the process of patching together resources for this endeavor, However any tips,links, Book suggestions are welcome. 

Forum sites I am using:  This one and https://www.reddit.com/r/ITIL/

Books

ITIL Foundation: ITIL 4 Edition 4th Edition, Kindle Edition 

by AXELOS Limited  (Author) 

ITILv4 training by Jason Dion.

Please let me know any feedback, I plan to share with my Team-members who were also affected. 

Regards
mgmguy1 
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would make sure that you get Jason Dion's six test practice bank on Udemy, as well.  The format of the questions will help acclimate you to the way that Axelos constructs the questions.  Also, PeopleCert will be the testing platform.  If, for some reason, you lose network connectivity with them, the clock stops right then and there.  Once you log back in, the timer starts at the point where you left off.  Hopefully, that provides a bit of stress reduction for you (as it has done for me when I took the three exams through them).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • JSNJSN Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jason Dion is great, I used his study guide and videos to pass.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hi, don't "waste" too much time on ITIL. You should be able to knock over fairly quickly. Another resource that has some positive reviews is Liz Gallacher. Good luck.

• mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    Thank you all for your feedback I was just informed today I have to be ready to take my ITIL test by the end of April.  I am trying to breath and get the studying done.  I just picked up Jason Dion's Practice Exams on Udemy.com and I also found a Quizlet ITIL resource to nail down terms . Oh and they also want me to get Office 365 certified soon! 
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
    Just an update: I am getting consistently 68-70 percent on my ITIL 4 practice exams and I am on my second read thru of the ITIL Foundation 4 book by Axelos. I think I am going to schedule my exam when I push 80% on all my practice exams.

Fats Domino
    If you haven't bought the Axelos ITIL4 app for your phone/tablet, I would recommend it.  Their questions are tougher than the actual ones.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think you have everything you need.  Nothing wrong with being prepared , but as others have said .. do not over do the effort. 
    Thank you all for the feedback :smile:

Fats Domino
    I was looking at the PeopleCert website and FAQ on the Exam. Be aware that if you need to reschedule your Exam there is a $52.00 USD administrative fee!.  

Fats Domino
    So I took my ITIL 4 test this past Friday and got a 60%. Passing is 65 %. I got a print out of where I went wrong and plan to study hard and pass on the second try.  Any suggestions on passing is welcome. 

Fats Domino
    @mgmguy1 were you able to pick up the ITIL 4 app in your mobile phone's app store? It will be from TSO. My students have a higher success rate when they use that app in conjunction with the materials we use (similar to what you used).

• ClaireAgutterClaireAgutter Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @mgmguy1 have a look at freeitiltraining.com - it's not a foundation prep course but it's a summary of ITIL 4 that might help with your revision. Good luck! Claire