Options

Eligible for Rehire

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
edited March 2020 in IT Jobs / Degrees
Love this community and have received a lot of great advice and insights.  I wanted to pay it forward.  

I recently went through an investigation (corporate) not government and got my report back.  I'm what some may consider a job hopper, with that said I noticed that out of my 6 jobs listed (over 10 years) only one commented on the rehire question, they all said "corporate policy not allowed to comment".  

I say this if you were fired or had some issue, chances are your former HR department won't disclose anyway.  Only one commented and said Yes.  

Hope you find this helpful.  If you ever left unexpected, been terminated etc...  It can be really stressful, I hope this will find your way and help chill you out.  :)

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Some companies will not comment on anything you have done at that job. They can only state your position, when you worked there, and
    possibly your income.
    Having managerial references will help mitigate the issue of job hopping. If not, they will look at you to move up or out within two years.

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bigdogz said:
    Some companies will not comment on anything you have done at that job. They can only state your position, when you worked there, and
    possibly your income.
    Having managerial references will help mitigate the issue of job hopping. If not, they will look at you to move up or out within two years.

5 out of the 6 companies I worked for in those 10 years didn't comment.  That's quite a few that withheld.....   My point I was shocked by how many elected not to participate.  If actually makes sense though...   Why would you assume that risk for another company.  The answer is you wouldn't.  
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Thanks for sharing mate, this is helpful.

It's been debated a lot here, the issue of 'job hopping'. I don't think it's as bad as people imagine it to be.

I was rejected from a job before because I didn't stick out long in other jobs (i stayed for 18 months), but then again, if it wasn't for my 'job hopping' I wouldn't have progressed and moved up and got that interview to begin with.

Each to their own.

Congrats on your new job, it's good news and you should celebrate...we need wins in those tough times.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com