Forum Rules

MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
edited February 2019 in Forum Rules of Engagement

Welcome, new members! Before you head out into the wild, please take some time to review our forum rules and terms of service.

Rules of Engagement

• Be a nice human. TechExams is a discussion forum for IT professionals and those aiming to become one. Be professional, kind and respectful at all times — posts that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening or otherwise violative of any laws will be deleted.
  • Stay on topic. TechExams is organized topically to keep conversations relevant and improve member experience. Please post all “off topic” discussions in the Off Topic thread. Miscategorized, duplicate or cross-posted discussions will be migrated or deleted per forum moderator discretion.
  • No cheaters allowed. Posting actual exam questions and/or promoting, condoning and linking to brain **** sites will lead to a permanent ban. If it violates your NDA, do NOT post it on this site.
  • No stealing. Posts including copyrighted material are not allowed.
  • No shameless promotion. If your primary goal of forum membership is to generate leads and revenue for your company, you must disclose your company affiliation in your signature (no commercial links!). Don’t worry, you’re still welcome here! But your posts must be constructive and helpful, or they will be marked as spam and removed per forum moderator discretion. Here’s an example of an acceptable signature for sales representatives: 
    Alan Turing, Account Executive
    Enigma Corp | Cryptanalysis Software & Services

• Proofread. We 3 well written posts! Typos and poor grammar will make your posts harder to read, making it even harder for you to get help or help others.

• If you see something, say something! While we attempt to keep all questionable posts off this site, we cannot review all discussions. If you see an offensive post, please flag it or report the post directly to forum moderators.

Rule Violation Consequences

Members who violate any of the rules above may be banned from the community; consequences will vary by significance of violation. We use “warnings” to alert members of infractions, which work on a point system. There are three levels:

• Notice: 0 points
  • Minor: 2 points, expires in 1 week
  • Major: 3 points, expires in 2 weeks

Members who receive three warning points are “jailed.” Being jailed means:

• A jail icon is overlaid over your avatar
  • You can’t start new discussions
  • You can only post once every 150 seconds
  • Your signature is hidden

Members who reach 5 (non-expired) points will be temporarily banned.

Terms of Service

• By joining our community, you acknowledge and agree forum administrators and moderators may delete, delete, move or close any post or discussion at any time.
  • You must be at least 18 years old to join the community. By becoming a member, you warrant you are at least 18 years old.
  • All messages express the views of the author; TechExams and Infosec will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
  • By posting in our forums you grant us a non-exclusive right to publish that content in our community. Any personal information will be removed per request. Members who “wish to be forgotten” may request all of their past posts be moved under an anonymized author name.
  • TechExams and its subcommunities are owned by Infosec. We will never sell or share your information with third parties, but we may use your email provided during registration to send you updates about the community, including activity notifications. As a member, you control how you are notified. While some users prefer to be notified by growl pop-ups, some may prefer to be notified by email. To see or modify these settings, access your individual "notification preferences" on your profile page.
Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
Who we are | What we do 

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    • Be a nice human.

Seems like discrimination, humans only. Welcome to Techexams, NO ALIENS ALLOWED!

Stay on topic.

I’ll make sure I take my Ritalin before posting.  

.No cheaters allowed. 

What? Why do you think I’m divorced?

• No stealing. 

Not even for us suffering from Kleptomania?

·         No shameless promotion.

That’s a shame.

·         Proofread.

If I could Sppell, I wouldn’t need sppell checkers.

• If you see something, say something!

I would just like to say all the posts I read by TechGromit, is wisdom that should be preserved for forever, Stones tables, perhaps even carved into the side of Mount Rushmore.   

Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    I called Mount Rushmore for you, but they said they were full. 
    Who we are | What we do 
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Will new users be "guided" to the Introduction thread before being allowed to post in every forum?
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Be a nice human - professional, kind, and respectful at all times.
    No cheaters allowed - no brain ****
    No stealing

TE - you are clipping my wings!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    @kaiju, good suggestion. We can work this into the forum welcome email. I'll see if we can add it to the tour as well. 
    Who we are | What we do 
  • PeterKhitinPeterKhitin Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a question? At what point will be able to insert links ? I think I've been here "long enough". Why do I still get this every time I want to share something? It's discouraging