CySA+ Beta Exam

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hmm highly secure environment (they're making Pearson build SCIFs?). And then I've never taken a high-stakes cert before. Can anyone remember if the exam sim delivered an electric shock if they seemed to get one wrong? Maybe they're saving that feature for when it comes out of beta.

On a more serious note, according to the press release, it looks as if the version two of this exam is adding a bit more application layer security, more on automated incident response tools, and is taking out some of the irrelevant regulation parts.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • kbizkkbizk Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yoba222 said:
    Hmm highly secure environment (they're making Pearson build SCIFs?). And then I've never taken a high-stakes cert before. Can anyone remember if the exam sim delivered an electric shock if they seemed to get one wrong? Maybe they're saving that feature for when it comes out of beta.

On a more serious note, according to the press release, it looks as if the version two of this exam is adding a bit more application layer security, more on automated incident response tools, and is taking out some of the irrelevant regulation parts.
    I had quite a few ISC2-like questions (more strategy focused rather than technical) on this beta exam but they were aligned with the new objectives. 
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cut Score work shop complete.  Look for your results over the next few weeks.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How are those workshops? I've been wanting to go to one of those (or exam creation ones) in Chicago, but never end up doing it. Yea, it'd be more work stuff, but I think it'd be fun and a good way to get out and help the industry. 
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    PC509 said:
    How are those workshops? I've been wanting to go to one of those (or exam creation ones) in Chicago, but never end up doing it. Yea, it'd be more work stuff, but I think it'd be fun and a good way to get out and help the industry. 
    It's pretty great man.  I take PTO to do it. If you're getting a little burned out it's a great reset to light the fire under you again.  It's not leisure though,  they work you pretty hard, push for accuracy, and you'd better have a pretty thick skin when your material gets peer reviewed. 
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agreed.

Sometimes they try to make the question in English or semantics. No punches are thrown but egos may be bruised.
    I think with something like that, egos need to be set aside. I know one of the biggest complaints for all the certification exams have been about word(s) or confusing sentences or whatever. Sometimes it is basic semantics, but it should be 100% correct and concise. If you've done something your whole career and called it one thing, but it's just something else - go by the industry standard, not what you know it as. It's the standards, not the best practices for a lot of things, I guess. 

I still get taught how to do things by some end users. I do it one way, they do it the right way. I use it once a decade, they use that feature daily. It's nice to learn something new. :) 
    I'm really Jonesin' for these results! :) I am so curious how I did. I think I did well and I wasn't confused by any questions, so I think I have a pass. Just waiting. I was fine since November but this last little home stretch is brutal!  
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    6-8wks left, just keep studying for something else...you might be ready for another exam by then! CHEERS!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    Ertaz said:
    Cut Score work shop complete.  Look for your results over the next few weeks.
    So exciting :D Countdown started!

In the mean time still prepping for EX407 and now also eyeing the CTT+ certification exams.
  • wogmailwogmail Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When did we say we should see results?
    wogmail said:
    When did we say we should see results?
    Well, in early February@Ertaz said "Look for your results over the next few weeks." And CompTIA's stance has so far been "in April". So... We'll have to wait a bit longer :)
    Yeah, I would have hoped they would surprise us earlier...
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    With the current social restrictions impacting work-life, I wouldn't be surprised if the results are delayed quite a bit,
    JDMurray said:
    With the current social restrictions impacting work-life, I wouldn't be surprised if the results are delayed quite a bit,
    I would hope not, I mean, a technology company that wouldn't have remote capabilities??  
    edited April 2020
    ok, CompTIA...where are the beta scores!?!?  LOL!
    Assuming this post on the CompTIA trainers forum is on the up and up, we still have a few weeks to go.

-> https://cin.comptia.org/threads/comptia-cybersecurity-analyst-cysa-cs0-002-exam-launch-partner-webinar.171/

CySA CS0-002 launches April 21st. Please join CompTIA's product and marketing team for this informative webinar to be held at 10:00 am CDT on April 22nd.  Register here.

Thxs for the update! 🍻
    Awesome! Great to have some kind of date other than Q2. :) 
    Are we assuming the 002 beta exam scores will be sent out before or after this 002 exam marketing webinar?

From Comptia website:

“Receiving Your Beta Exam Results

If you have taken a CompTIA beta exam, Pearson VUE will mail your beta exam results directly to you when the new exam is released. At that time, your beta exam results will also be uploaded to your certification account.

This information is also presented at the beginning of all beta exams and is included on all beta exam score reports.”

edited April 2020
    So, check your account on certmetrics.com after April 21st
    So the 002 beta exam results will be released sometime between April 21st and the December 31st.  :p
    Someone posted an update from CompTIA on Reddit:

For anyone wondering about their results, I am. I sent a DM to the official CompTIA page on Twitter asking about the beta results, they told me (responded right now)
    "CYSA+ will be released April 21. You should receive your results within the week after that."

JDMurray said:
    So I was right!  :D
    Great, Kid! Don't get cocky! (reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9xsFUsPqM). 

I'm just happy to have an official time frame instead of "when we're done" or "sometime in Q2". Kind of like waiting for the announcement of the next season of Lucifer.... When it's ready. 

Now I can sit back and do other things instead of going to check to see when that "Taken" turns to a "Passed". :) 

PC509 said:

Now I can sit back and do other things instead of going to check to see when that "Taken" turns to a "Passed". :) 

Wait, what? Why don’t I have this exam in my history on Certmetrics? Does everybody else have it in the history list marked as “taken” too?
  • wogmailwogmail Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't have it in Certmetrics, but I definitely took it.  
    wogmail said:
    I don't have it in Certmetrics, but I definitely took it.  
    Thanks. At least I am not the only one who doesn’t have it in the history. I definitely took it in January. :D
    I don't have CySA+ beta exam listed in my CompTIA Certmetrics History page either. I do see the CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Exam I took in 3/2018, but there no indication it was a beta exam. I don't remember if it was listed prior to the PenTest+ beta results being released either.