Passed Network+

bowmattybowmatty MemberMember Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□

Passed the Network+ exam 729/720 (Barely passed I know; however, pass is still a pass)

I mentioned a year ago I would write how I passed.

Materials: 1. Jason Dion course and practice exams

2. Exam Cram book

3. Mike Meyers Practice exams

Firstly, I printed off the exam objectives https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-network-(n10-006)_examobjectives.pdf

When I started studying I found it very full on and overwhelmed with all the information I had to take, I ended up studying over a period of 8 months due to work and everyday duties and also not feeling very confident.

At the end of the course I was then onto the practice exams, I was scoring around 75-85% on both practice exams. Still didn’t feel very confident with taking the exam but thought “Well someday I’ll have to take it” I ended up booking.

Test day came around and my exam was booked for 9am, I was up early to go over notes and to memorise my notes to put onto the plastic notepad. (Research the test centre, when I had my A+ exam I was in a cubicle on my own, this time I booked at a different centre, I was in a room with others which was pretty distracting).
So the exam started and literally the first 10 questions were so confusing and got me into a panic, I had the feeling of failure and thought OMG what a waste of money and this was way over my head. After the first 10 I got more confident and when I submitted my exam after reviewing most the questions I checked. I couldn’t believe it when “CONGRATULATIONS” appeared on my screen.

Overall I scored 729/720, I probably got those first 10 questions wrong haha, but I passed and now I don’t have to redo this in a hurry. I found this exam harder than the practice exams, however I passed so it must of been nervous at the time.

CCNA is next for me.   

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,177 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • itdeptitdept A+, S+, L+, LPIC1, CCNA, CCP, ITIL Registered Users Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! CCNA should take less time than the Network+ now that you have some networking skills. Lots of information out there as well.
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ USA, CARegistered Users Posts: 158 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited March 12
    Awesome! Congratulations
    Current:  A+ | Network+ | Project+ |Security+
    Working on: Cysa+
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I didn’t do too great on my network+ but I passed mine and you’re absolutely right, a pass is a pass! 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Member Posts: 166 ■■■■□□□□□□
    He passed it a year ago :wink: but congrats nontheless
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Neil86 said:
    He passed it a year ago :wink: but congrats nontheless
    Lol, whoops, totally did not see the time stamp! 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • bowmattybowmatty Member Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All good guys.. this is why we have a forum to Give advice and help one another!
  • shartsell71shartsell71 CompTIA A+ and HDI Support Center Analyst Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • RunningForwardRunningForward Westchester County New YorkMember Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What about Professor Messer's website and videos?