Options

What to do here?

gettinoldgettinold Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have my MCSA 2012 and my MCSE 2012 expired years ago...tried to upgrade to MCSE 2016 years ago and failed the exam. Now I see that the MCSA/MCSE are expiring but that expiration has been pushed back. I have been using the argument to employers to consider my MCSE as useful since it will be expiring for everyone regardless and that argument seems to be working about 50 percent of the time.

What would you do here? I have 22 years in the IT field and have my Security+ CE, Network+, A+, old MCITP, SCCM certs etc. I am a DOD contractor with a Top Secret and have worked back and forth between Systems Engineering and Offensive/Defensive Cyber.

Things were starting to get really tough just pre Corona Virus and work used to be a dime a dozen but not anymore. It's starting to remind me of the IT field during 2002-2003.

I am thinking about leaving things alone and focusing on my CISSP but I have some learning difficulties, that exam is expensive and even more expensive to fail.

Thank you.

Old, burnt out with this field and want it easy just like I did 22 years ago when I started IT. Some things never change. They used to call me a paper MCSE but now they can't stop calling me. What can I say, IT has gotten me through the horrors of life. It has been almost as loyal as man's best friend.

Comments

• Options
    KyloQuadrenKyloQuadren Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good afternoon! Honestly it depends on your end state--what are you trying to accomplish career-wise/where are you trying to go? Having the TS and being DOD can mean anything from OCO to actual DODIN. Are you trying to be a project manager or technician of some flavor?
  • Options
    gettinoldgettinold Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, when I say DOD contractor, I have also worked for several 3 letter agencies and go back and forth. I just want to get paid as much as I can. Sorry if that is not politically correct. At my last job that meant being Project Manager, Team Lead, Senior Systems Engineer, and Configuration Manager all for one paycheck.

Thanks again.
    Old, burnt out with this field and want it easy just like I did 22 years ago when I started IT. Some things never change. They used to call me a paper MCSE but now they can't stop calling me. What can I say, IT has gotten me through the horrors of life. It has been almost as loyal as man's best friend.