Database Q&A

magedmamagedma Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi colleagues,
Did anyone use only CISA database questions and answers only to pass the exam ?
I will appreciate your help and feedback.
Thank you
Tagged:

Best Answer

• csjohnngcsjohnng Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Answer ✓
    @magedma
    Well, definitely 65% will not be good enough to pass.

Because the question are vey likely new to you during the actual exam, and I would expected myself have 10-15% drop (factor in a 20% buffer for safe) in the actual exam and I would recommend you aiming 90% or above ( or at least 80 something).

For Allen super review online course, I really don't know anything about it, so I can't really commend.

My suggestion is rather spending time and go for another set of 900 practice questions (we have limited time and memories, and I don't like dragging the study for months which I will lose the momentum, this is just my own opinion and what work for me). I think the QAE has enough question bank to test (or help you to study), so focusing on the quality is better than have the large quantity of the questions (for example the cgeit QAE has less than 400 questions, very "thin" book), focusing on your weakness, review more on the section you are particularly weak (maybe back to the related section in those 650 slide or back to related section of review guide ) and trying to understand them throughly and the things you have missed is more important.
    John
    MBA ,C|CISO, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP/ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CSSLP, CASP+, Linux +, TOGAF 9; AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate

Answers

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yep, I passed just using the Q&A. Depending on your background and experience you may want to also use the review manual but for me the Q&A was suffice. Understand the concepts. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • magedmamagedma Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you
    Did you find database cover all the topics and concepts appeared in CISA exam ?
    Also, were exam questions similar to ISACA database in level of difficulty and structure?
    Thank you
    No problem. Database covers the fundamentals of the topics. Exam questions are different but if you understand the concepts properly you should be fine. Try and see how well you do in the questions, if you find you are struggling then get the review manual to help build this understanding. 
    I tried database in first three domains and i scored in first attempt 60 - 65 %.
    Secondly , what do you mean that exam questions are different ( shorter , longer , tricky ) ?

I recommend you get the review manual book to help further where you dont understand the domains or the way ISACA ask their questions. The actual exam questions for any exam I have found to be always harder than any practice - its whats to be expected. As long as you get the concepts and start scoring at about 80% and over in the Q&A you are good to go. But where you dont understand why an answer is what it is check out the review manual. I hope this helps.
    Yes, I did.
    John
    MBA ,C|CISO, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP/ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CSSLP, CASP+, Linux +, TOGAF 9; AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate
    Thank you for replying
    Csjohnng
    So how many times did you solve database questions and were database cover all topics and concepts appear in actual exam questions ?
    Regards
    edited April 2020
    @magedma
    I used the physical print copy of the QAE.

So I only do 1 trial (or run) of the question (domain by domain) and also I did not complete the full set (I did not even complete the post-test)
    I recall I completed ~2/3 of the question for each domain, because some domain has over 200 question, I recall I have almost completed all question for the short domain and 150-180 for the "longer" domain which has more than 200 question. I think I have covered reading and answering about 700-800 question in total.
    Also I took the practice test 
    https://www.isaca.org/-/media/info/cisa-practice-quiz/index.html
    and score about 90% or above just the night before the exam.

Honestly I don't know if it cover all topics because when you blend in your knowledge and experience in the actual exam, it's difficult to tell and I don't actually try to remember the question and answer but rather digest them.

But I think if you aiming 90% correct ( I recall I am on 80 something , close to 90% on the QAE) on the QAE and really understand the question and answer through the QAE, getting 450 or above in the actual exam should not be a problem. (given that you perform "normally" and don't panic).

My scoring in CISA is the highest among the 3 exams, CISM, CISA and CRISC at this moment.
    For cgeit, my official result has not been released yet.
    John
    @ csjohnng
    I also have the printed version and now i scored 65 % in most of domains and i plan to retake database questions two or three times until understand all concepts as well as using Allen super review online course which includes 650 slides and 900 practice questions ,is that enough?
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For both CISM and CISA I have only used the materials from ISACA - manual and online database. No more, no less. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS