Options

Beginning CCSP Study

lwhite81lwhite81 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello All,
Been awhile since I've posted.  I'm just beginning to study for the CCSP exam.  First of all I'm creating a plan.  Seen some posts regarding resources.  Trying to decide where to invest my $$.  Thoughts?
Thank you in advance for any guidance you might provide!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed in May 2019 using the following materials:

CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide
    Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK
    CCSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests

Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    A couple ways of doing this one. I did the CCSK first as it gave me a good grounding and material is free. I found that this covered a lot of the CCSP material as well. I supplemented this by doing practice questions with the Sybex official book and Boson - which I found was the best source. A really underused one in my opinion. As I had done AWS solution architecture previously this helped me personally also. So really depends on what you already know about cloud. I also personally found this exam a lot harder than CISSP. Was lucky to pass both first time though.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    edited April 2020
    Hey there! If you're interested in some other study resources, I'd encourage you to check out Infosec Skills! We've got 11 hours of on-demand CCSP training content, as well as a skill assessment and a practice exam. Feel free to give it a try for 30 days free with promo code: infoseccommunity and let me know what you think!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    edited April 2020
    To follow @scasc, I've heard multiple recommendations to do the CCSK first and the CCSP after. People new to "The Cloud" should have a look at the CompTIA Cloud Essentials and Cloud+ certification material first.
  • Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions!
  • Options
    cchisholmcchisholm Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lwhite81 how did you do with the exam, have you tested as yet or still preparing? I am starting to prepare and plan to test in Sep '21.