CRISC or CISA

magedmamagedma Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
I would your opinion about which Certificate more valuable , worth pursuing and more beneficial in the long time CRISC or CISA ?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Providing that information could make it easier to give you the most useful information. For example, someone that performs risk management would likely find CRISC more valuable while an auditor would find CISA more valuable. I believe you are looking for guidance and not just curious about opinions on two random certifications. Which is worth pursuing? Both - depending on why you are doing it. Both are beneficial, but the benefits taken away depend on the individual. Are you targeting a specific role? Are you only interested in the knowledge? 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • magedmamagedma Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi E Double U
    Thank you
    I work in IT field and as you said interested to be strong in IT and learning more knowledge 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There are lots of ways to be strong in IT, but I it seems to me like you are focusing on ISACA for a reason. 

What do you do within IT? For how long?
    What area within IT would you like to move into?
    Are there growth opportunities within your current employer? If so, what type of role(s)?
    Which skills/certifications are most sought after in your area?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • magedmamagedma Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Because ISACA certifications are the most recognised and valuable in IT industry worldwide also my role is IT auditor .
    There are overlap between Risk and audit so both useful cisa crisc
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If your working in audit the CISA makes sense but only while your working as an auditor. CRISC to a lesser degree is a bit broader in scope if your working as a risk manager and somewhat if you are actively working with risk. Otherwise, why would you simply collect paper for the sake of collecting paper? Many people I have meet with no auditing experience but carry the CISA makes no sense. If you presented such credentials to me in an interview but falsified the experience to sit for the exam I have and will continue to dismiss those candidates immediately.

Now, E double E may have a different take but if you falsify your credentials over a piece of paper what's stopping you from falsifying your work while working for me?

- b/eads