Options

What software to create a Windows 10 ISO with preinstalled software on it?

eppixx7eppixx7 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
I did a quick google search and there are so many way to create a custom Windows 10 ISO. What is the easiest way to do this? Thank you

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    _netmon said:
    If you're on a corporate environment then the best tools would be SCCM or MDT/WDS...
    There is a bit of a learning curve for MDT, but you are able to inject drivers/applications to the image and create unattended installation.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think what's easiest depends on your environment. How many workstations? Will you use a single install package or several packages with variations in software? Will you be injecting drivers for many different makes/models of computers?

I've used MDT in the past and it worked well with very little or no interaction. I could create packages for different departments and different make/model of computers and choose which drivers and software needed to be installed. Like mikey88 said, there is a learning curve to it but once that is done it's fairly simple to maintain.

I've also used a USB drive with the ISO and ran scripts to install software. It's basic, it works, but can be a pain too.
  • Options
    sephiroth66sephiroth66 Registered Users Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We've been using Acronis True Image with lots of luck. Not sure what your end goals are, but my workstation crew can run an image from a multi-bay setup doing around 40 SSDs an hour per employee when dealing with physical machines. 
    Certs: VCA-DBT, Network Certificate (LAN Systems - Network Administration)
    2021 Goals: Sec+ SY0-601, AAS (Cybersecurity Specialization)
    2022 Goals: CISSP