$3 to for a PDF copy of my CCNA? Are you kidding me Cisco?

yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
I was trying to figure out why I don't seem to have a PDF of CCNA Cyber Ops anywhere (yet I have R&S). Finally found the spot online to download it. No, that's just stupid CyberOps logos so I can publish that somewhere and promote/market Cisco for free. Oh there's the spot. $3 to download the PDF. Are you freaking kidding me Cisco? That's telecom provider level of sleaziness right there.

A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
In progress: OSCP

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yoba222 said:
    I was trying to figure out why I don't seem to have a PDF of CCNA Cyber Ops anywhere (yet I have R&S). Finally found the spot online to download it. No, that's just stupid CyberOps logos so I can publish that somewhere and promote/market Cisco for free. Oh there's the spot. $3 to download the PDF. Are you freaking kidding me Cisco? That's telecom provider level of sleaziness right there.

Does it cost money to download any pdf copy of a cert you passed, or just the cyber ops cert?    I see things like this, and I feel like the vendors are trying to make any profit they can off the cert exams.  

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I believe it's any cert.  I've paid the fee as well for CCNA R&S.
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Once you pay, can you re-download for free over and over again?
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Hawk321Hawk321 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Had the same issue.
    Needed a nice pdf with a current validation date...yep...I had to pay.

It sucks....no excuses....it sucks !
    Degree in
    computer science, focus on IT-Security.
    CCNA R+S and CCNA CyberOPS
    LPIC-1,LPIC-2,LPIC-3: Security
    Ubiquiti: UBRSS+UBRSA
    some other certs...

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    That is so wrong on so many levels, Don't we pay enough anyway? 
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited December 2019
    I agree, we do not need to pay for something that can be used as a marketing tool from any certified body.
    I think we should have an IT union !!!!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    bigdogz said:

Rather than jumping into a bureaucratic, protectionist institutional solution that will inevitably be corrupted by the humans that govern it, maybe cert vendors should be encouraged to pay their cert holders to promote their marketing materials instead. This would be a free-market solution driven by the consumers. 
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited December 2019
    JDMurray said:
    bigdogz said:

Rather than jumping into a bureaucratic, protectionist institutional solution that will inevitably be corrupted by the humans that govern it, maybe cert vendors should be encouraged to pay their cert holders to promote their marketing materials instead. This would be a free-market solution driven by the consumers. 
    Agreed. I was joking to some extent.
    I thought that is our current situation. We would have to petition Cisco to have this scenario (some media coverage on this would help), but in the end they would probably give us the PDF's for free.
  • DogstailDogstail Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bigdogz said:
    JDMurray said:
    bigdogz said:

Agreed. I was joking to some extent.
    Don't do that again.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited December 2019
    bigdogz said:
    but in the end they would probably give us the PDF's for free.

Yes, this would be the best solution for all. Cisco has made some mighty marketing blunders in the past that it (eventually) corrected in response to customer outrage. The initial pricing of the CCENT/CCNA cert path comes to mind.
  • iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    $3....How much does a cheesburger cost?  Come on!  If you were in Bangladesh, I could see you having an issue but even they wouldn't complain.
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    you gotta help Cisco pay for their Adobe Acrobat licensing, LOLOLOLOL!  CISCO sucks!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco changed this when they revamped their cert system.  You can now download them for free.