Options

Preparing CCDA with Sybex... Opinions?

agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
Hello Friends,

I have Sybex book 2nd Ed. for CCDA... But now that I have it, I'm starting to read very bad reviews on it. I used Sybex books a lot, but it seems this one is not "that good".

Anyone read this book and sat for the exam? I'm thinking of buying a Cisco CCDA book now... Any feedback is welcome!

Saludos!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Sybex CCDA book doesn't match the current exam objectives -- its missing a lot of material.

The Sybex CCNA book is missing NAT, but you can download an update for that. You can use that Sybex book to fill in some of the "CCNA Level Knowledge" that's the suggested prerequsite for the CCDA.

CCDA Self-Study: Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) by Teare is your best choice.

Top-Down Network Design, 2nd Edition is also helpful to read.

The Cisco Press Flash Cards were useful -- the reference sheet pdf file on the CD was priceless -- the practice exam was way easier than the real exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Thanks Mike... Lucky a friend of mine gave me the book!!

I will return it and get the one you suggest... that one has good reviews from Amazon also.

Saludos amigo.
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCDA Self-Study: Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) by Teare is your best choice.
    AMEN to that, the book is amazingly well written, but since it's almost all about theoretical studies i have hard time memorizing stuff icon_sad.gif oh man, oh man, oh man...
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Hello Friends,

I have Sybex book 2nd Ed. for CCDA... But now that I have it, I'm starting to read very bad reviews on it. I used Sybex books a lot, but it seems this one is not "that good".

Anyone read this book and sat for the exam? I'm thinking of buying a Cisco CCDA book now... Any feedback is welcome!

Saludos!

Let me give you a word of advice...

SYBEX is garbage for anything other then CCNA. If you have any plans on going towards the Professional level certifications, do not waste your money on Sybex.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yah, the Sybex book is pretty much junk to fill your book shelf with, which sucks because I didn't find that out until I bought the book.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/