AWS CSAA failed

Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited March 2020 in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
So one of the few exams i've failed on the first attempt, went through the ACG material (definitely not enough), and did 4 out of 6 of Jon Bonso and did pass the CCP a month ago. i think the issue is scenario based questions are a weak spot in general and this exam reminds me A LOT of the comptia CASP style which is brutal in itself as well. i've spent probaly since december going through the material...tough pill to swallow for time spent but admit i probably wasn't focused all 4 months

for those of you that failed the 1st time around what did you add the 2nd go around to help you pass?

Tagged:

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've read a lot of reports that say ACG is simply not enough to pass the CSAA exam. Loads of test takers have recommended Stefane Maarek? on Udemy as a very good training resource.
    What were your Jon Bonso scores? Why did you only do 4 exams?
    Again go though the Bonso exams (after studying) and review the exam questions.
    Many people also recommend to really search for key words in the exam questions.
    You are say you did the CCP a month ago, that does not sound like sufficient time to study and absorb the material. I know you pointed out you had studied on and off for 4 months but have you focused on CSAA?
    Maybe you just need to also accept the fact that people like you and ME just take a bit longer to get certified.

Keep your chin up, lay out a reasonable study strategy. Tick off the items in the blueprint, can you teach that to a newbie? You got this! You have already put in the study time, just need to up your game a bit. Before you know it you know it, that celebratory beer will be all that more tasty.
    Good luck

• Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I originally started studying for csaa back in nov but pivoted back in Jan to study for CCP as I thought it would better serve me to get the pillars down /services hoping it would help with CSAA...nope my mistake in that . But I’m taking a 2 week back to mentally check out on studying before hitting the books. And will purchase the other use my course 

thanks for the encouraging words
  • ThadPVillaniThadPVillani Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am sorry to hear that, my colleague also failed it at the 1st attempt, but he passed it in the 2nd attempt with **** practice tests, maybe u can try it again
    I am sorry to hear that, my colleague also failed it at the 1st attempt, but he passed it in the 2nd attempt with **** practice tests, maybe u can try it again

yes I will, just going to take a mental break 
  • MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm working on taking the new SAA-CO2 test here in a couple of months and have started using Adrian Cantrill's course on his site and I'm super impressed by it so far into it.   One of the few that are designed for the new exam and he goes into some great detail on how to pass as well as learn all of the subjects that you'll likely run across.  For those not familiar with Adrian, he's worked for Linux Academy and I believe also ACG in the past and is now working for himself and designing his own AWS courses without any limitations that those platforms have.   He's also just in early release on the SAA Pro course as well with new videos and information being released almost daily for that exam. 
    I'm working on taking the new SAA-CO2 test here in a couple of months and have started using Adrian Cantrill's course on his site and I'm super impressed by it so far into it.   One of the few that are designed for the new exam and he goes into some great detail on how to pass as well as learn all of the subjects that you'll likely run across.  For those not familiar with Adrian, he's worked for Linux Academy and I believe also ACG in the past and is now working for himself and designing his own AWS courses without any limitations that those platforms have.   He's also just in early release on the SAA Pro course as well with new videos and information being released almost daily for that exam. 

Have a link to his site? the one i found I just some more advice...should i go for his linux academy classes which look to be updated?
    https://learn.cantrill.io/ is his site.  His Linux Academy course hasn't been updated since July of last year and Amazon has added in quite a bit more to the c01 exam since then.  With that phase out happening at the end of this month, you'd be looking at the new C02 exam instead to take. When ACG bought out LA, many of the instructors they had were let go and Adrian was one of them.    I'm early into this new course by Adrian and I'm honestly very impressed and enjoy how he teaches compared to some of the others I've seen out there.  
  • MHamimMHamim Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any of you tried Stephane Maarek 's Udemy course for AWS Solution Architect exam? Heard some good things on this course recently.
    I have not, but he's well regarded by everyone that I've heard.   Even the other AWS trainers enjoy his courses and rave about them.   I'm not sure though if he has released his work on the new C02 test, so you will definitely want to verify that is the one you get and not for the older, about to expire certification test.