Options

Hi New Here

jj3jjj3j Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
Hope you all doing well, in this situation.
Been passively reading this forum especially on Security+ thread thanks to hints and tips here I got the cert finally decided to register as a member here.
Experience, 2 Years Technical Support, and 4 Years Sys Admin, currently out of job, but doesn't stop me from learning my next certs.
Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,027 Admin
    Studying for certs is a very good use of your time while you are searching for your next job opportunity!

What did you think of the Security+ material and exam?
  • Options
    Material wise, is good enough to cover the basic of what need to know, simple terminology, but for me I think Risk Management is what is important, knowing how risk will occur and action need to be done after incident happen.
    Every year I need to deal with Auditor from SOX or ISO, so having extra knowledge of process is helpful towards yearly audit.
    Exam wise, since English is not my first language, there is some tricky question that make me think once in a while.

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,027 Admin
    I think you realized the truth of InfoSec. Risk Management is the foundation domain of all security. If there were no risks there would be no need for security.
  • Options
    Hi @JDMurray, Thank you for the compliment.
    Hopefully through this forum, I can learn more, if I'm lucky maybe I can information for job offer in here.
  • Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options