CDPSE - new privacy cert from ISACA

Big-JJBig-JJ Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited April 2020 in ISACA
Got an email from ISACA about new cert CDPSE (Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer). Good to see they are coming up with a cert for privacy realm. No detailed information is available about the contents but maybe worth following for some professionals. Interesting to see how they will compete with CIPP. It seems they will grand-father the cert for a limited period of time.
MBA, CIA, CRMA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, PMP

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    People can sign up to receive information on the ISACA CDPSE certification as is released. There is limited early-adoption period starting May 4, 2020. I'm guessing this is a grandfathering period for established privacy professionals to apply for the certification and possibly obtain it without taking the exam.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Thanks! I registered my interest
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I applied for the early adoption program yesterday and paid the fee ($695 for ISACA members). Within 10 minutes I got an email saying I was approved. I also hold the CISM, CRISC and CISA. I’m not sure if that makes a difference but they are willing to waive 2 of the 5 years required privacy experience if you have one of their certs.
    Do you need to take the CDPSE exam now or is the cert granted based just on experience?
    JDMurray said:
    Do you need to take the CDPSE exam now or is the cert granted based just on experience?
    It’s granted based on experience. Eligible individuals don’t need to take the exam as part of the early adoption program.
    Yep, the (ISC)2 does the same grandfathering thing with their new cert offerings.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I applied for this on Wed and also got confirmation of approval. I suspect a few ppl will be doing if they are eligible prior to the course materials coming out. Exam and materials available early next year.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
    scasc said:
    I applied for this on Wed and also got confirmation of approval. I suspect a few ppl will be doing if they are eligible prior to the course materials coming out. Exam and materials available early next year.
    Nice! How long did the approval process take you? Mine was super fast so I’m guessing they are trying to get people certified quickly for a few different purposes. I thought I remember reading that the early adoption program is going to be open until the end of 2020. Hopefully in a few years this cert will be something that catches on and gains popularity. It does appear as it’s the first technical privacy certification of its kind, other than maybe HCISPP.
    H-bomb said:
    Jscasc said:
    Nice! How long did the approval process take you? Mine was super fast so I’m guessing they are trying to get people certified quickly for a few different purposes. I thought I remember reading that the early adoption program is going to be open until the end of 2020. Hopefully in a few years this cert will be something that catches on and gains popularity. It does appear as it’s the first technical privacy certification of its kind, other than maybe HCISPP.
    Hi - it literally took around 3-4 hours. I applied once I had a validator vouch for my experience and later in the evening I got the approval email. Agreed, they are pretty much looking to certify relevant ppl who have the requisite skill set and background. I think that the cert will prove to be useful and relevant particularly if one works within privacy design/architecture or governance. From what I’ve seen, not sure how this differs from CIPT but nevertheless.
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I will be submitting my application in a few days.   I wonder if it will be worth the cost of getting the certification.   I know  certified network defense architect (CNDA)  from EC Council  was pretty much a wast of 200 dollars. 
    I think it will be worth it. The subject area is hot topic and just been reading that Isaca have mentioned they are looking to bridge a gap in the market. 
  • dmaketasdmaketas Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I applied on 5 May 3:58 PM my local time and I received my confirmation email at 8:01 PM. In discussions with colleagues we believe it will be the next best thing in IT privacy and on par with CITP by IAPP. But again only time will tell.
  • sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    H-bomb said:
    JDMurray said:
    It’s granted based on experience. Eligible individuals don’t need to take the exam as part of the early adoption program.
    And money. There is overlap with the CIPT cert.
    For everyone  working this requirement.  Make sure you check back with ISACA if you do not hear anything in around 3 weeks....  I submitted on the 8th and  there was no record of the application.   I have  resubmitted and am pending approval. 
    **Update ,  Paperwork went though  and the certification will be official in 72 hours.
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh wow! So as long as you meet the requirements, you’re granted the certification? That’s not a bad offer. 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
    Yes,   Correct    
  • csjohnngcsjohnng Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @balance
    Good for you. Congras.
    I completed the submission on 25th May, nothing pop up till now, I will check with support later this week.
    Normally for other ISACA certificate, it only take a couple of day and it will say you meet the requirement and the official certification will be granted in a couple of days.
    John
    MBA ,C|CISO, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP/ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CSSLP, CASP+, Linux +, TOGAF 9; AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate
    @csjhong
    Do you see the cert pending in your ISACA profile?  IF not , you should call them. 
    @balance
    nothing pop out / pending in the certificate & CPE Management tab.

in the ISACA submission ticket is say
    ==========
    "How can I follow my application progress?
    Visit MY ISACA DASHBOARD, and see the Certifications & CPE Management Section.
    Don't see a status? - Don't worry! It can take up to two weeks (often less) for a change in status to appear."
    ==========

let me try to contact ISACA support.
    thanks
    John
    MBA ,C|CISO, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP/ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CSSLP, CASP+, Linux +, TOGAF 9; AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate
    Do you just pay the application fee of $50 to get it? 
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @balance,

I have a question/clarification if you don't mind.  In the ISACA website, experience includes assessment.  I don't have access to the experience verification form so I just want to ask you that the experience form specifically indicates assessing privacy governance, architecture and data cycle.  Thanks!

ISACA
    The statements in the below exam content outline are intended to depict the tasks performed by individuals who have significant experience and responsibilities in assessing, building and implementing comprehensive privacy solutions and the knowledge required to perform these tasks. They are also intended to serve as a definition of the roles and responsibilities of IT privacy professionals.
    AnthonX
    No   it is I think $600.00 something ..... 
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My understanding is you pay $695 (member), inclusive of the $50 application fee.  If you don't qualify, you get back $645 (less the $50 fee).  
    AnthonX
  • kartiksharmakartiksharma Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    csjohnng said:
    @balance
    nothing pop out / pending in the certificate & CPE Management tab.

in the ISACA submission ticket is say
    ==========
    "How can I follow my application progress?
    Visit MY ISACA DASHBOARD, and see the Certifications & CPE Management Section.
    Don't see a status? - Don't worry! It can take up to two weeks (often less) for a change in status to appear."
    ==========

let me try to contact ISACA support.
    thanks
    Hi did you get your cert? how much time did it take for you to show it as pending?
    edited June 2020
    @kartiksharma
    drop you message.
    Yes, got the application proceed and certified in Jun 9 and I've got the digital badge in acclaim issue yesterday as well.

Brief Timeline as follows:
    • application submission: 25 May
    • check with ISACA staff the 4th June
    • email received saying review and meet the certification requirement: 4 June
    • official certification email recieved: 9 June
    • Acclaim digital batch issued: 14 June.
    Good luck.
    John
    @anthonx
    The form is similar to other ISACA certification application form.
    Section A is filling in you experience, company name , start date, end date, checked box for CDPSE domain 1, 2, 3.  ( need to have 5 year experience for at least 2 domains)
    for domains detail and task statement, you can visit 
    https://www.isaca.org/credentialing/certified-data-privacy-solutions-engineer/cdpse-exam-content-outline

Section B is educational experience wavier if you are an active CISA, CISM, CGET....etc... you could get a 2 year waiver (out of a total of 5 year)
    then sign the application and find someone to be your verifier to fillin the V-1 and V-2.

John
    I wish ISACA would hurry up and process my CISM application. This cert is catching my attention. 
  • HealthCISOMBHealthCISOMB Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wish ISACA would hurry up and process my CISM application. This cert is catching my attention. 
    Same here made an inquiry with their support on my CISM application and they said there is an additional week backlog. was given a 1 - 2 week turnaround...now given 2 - 3 week turn around. 
    Thanks for the heads up