CySA+ prep

shiney41shiney41 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Recently began preparation to take this test, hoping to get it done inside of 3 months.  Would be my first.  My work offers a series of Skillport trainings that claim to be comprehensive, I have also purchased CySA+ All-in-one Exam Guide.  Any suggestions or tips on preparing, labs I should try beforehand, other courses that I should look into, etc.?
Tagged:

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have the 30Bird book, which includes downloadable VMs that you can use to follow the labs in the book.  I like the book/labs though I have never read the All-in-One Exam Guide, so I can't compare the two.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For what is is worth  . At the various  military "Signal University's" I have co workers who teach this course, and use 30Bird as well as the Sybex CySA+ book. 
  • shiney41shiney41 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    balance said:
    For what is is worth  . At the various  military "Signal University's" I have co workers who teach this course, and use 30Bird as well as the Sybex CySA+ book. 

30Bird seems to be the most common recommendation.  Can anyone attest to the quality of the included lab VMs?

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd look into studying for the Security+ first, since the CySA+ heavily builds on it.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • shiney41shiney41 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yoba222 said:
    I'd look into studying for the Security+ first, since the CySA+ heavily builds on it.

I will likely take Security+ first, but I feel like I am basically ready for it.  I am going to maybe get a book, and watch a few Prof. Messer videos, and go for it.  CySA+ I know that I will need to do a bit more prep because it will contain a lot of information that I do not yet know.