CISSP recognized as equivalent to a Master’s degree in Europe.

jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ISC2 should hold a graduation ceremony for us in London. We buy our own gowns and caps lol 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chrisone said:
    ISC2 should hold a graduation ceremony for us in London. We buy our own gowns and caps lol 
    Exactly. I demand a ceremony and a nicer looking certificate to hang on my wall. lol
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Does that also mean someone with a master's automatically qualifies for CISSP :smile:
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    And does Security+ equal a Bachelor's Degree?
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I do not agree with the comparison of the two 
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What other security certification gives you RQF Level 8 ?  :D
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    This article says that the CISSP and Masters degree are equivalent under the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) by UK NARIC. This would be like the CISSP being equivalent to other certifications in some categories of the DDoD 8570.01. It is not a declaration that a CISSP is equivalent to a Master degree in every context in the EU.

• Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good comparison JDMurray. The article seems to market the CISSP as a replacement for a Masters degree, which it's not. 
  • denisehiltondenisehilton Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Woahh! That's huge. Especially for people from under developed countries because their study degrees are not recognized globally.