cb6000 = A+ Certified

cb6000cb6000 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
It was a great day for me. I succesfully completed the Operating Systems exam. I scored a 616/900. This one was more difficult, in my opinion, to be ready for.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    beerchug.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congratulations.

what %-age of questions related to windows xp?
    A+ Moderator
  • cb6000cb6000 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    About 4-6%..3-5 questions, I believe.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i'm just trying to ask questions that the other candidates may want to know ;)

where the xp questions on firewalls? can you give rough pointers?
    A+ Moderator
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats, what are you moving on to next?
  • cb6000cb6000 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bellboy, I don't think I recall seeing an XP question on firewalls. I only remember that one question contained Windows XP as one of the choices for an answer, and I think one question had to do with XP and some command. I knew there would be XP questions, but 4-5 of them was a bit more than expected.

Lexx, I'm probably going to wait a bit (not long). A+ (along with my associate degree) is likely just the beginning for me, which means that I'll likely be going for more certifications in the future. I think Network+ will be the next thing I work on, and possibly Linux+. Oracle may be something I want to do, as well. I would like to know when Network+ will be changing exams (like the A+ will be doing next week). I don't want to study for old material, and learn later that I'm going to have to take an exam with new material I haven't covered at all.
  • rcsnydleyrcsnydley Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass. I go for mine on saturday.
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Good point cb6000, well good luck with your Network+. I personally liked studying for the Net+ and the i-Net+ the most, lots of good information in those tests. They build a good foundation for the rest of the software/hardware specific tests out there.