Options

Study time for CCNA with Network+

baghdaddy19baghdaddy19 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
How long do you guys think it would take to get a CCNA when you already have Network+?

I don't have any networking experience but I passed the network + within a month of studying.

This may be a difficult question to answer since Cisco is restructuring the CCNA certification but I would like a general idea of how prepared someone is for the CCNA once they have their Network+ cert.
2020 Certification Goals
CompTIA: A+, Net+, Sec+, Cloud Essentials, and Project +
LPI: Linux Essentials
AXELOS: ITIL v3
SANS GAIC: GSEC, GCIH, and GCED

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There seems to be quite a bit of overlap between the two certifications. That being said, the CCNA will include network programability/automation and the commands needed to configure IOS (which is an oversimplification). Depending on your abilities, you could probably go through the 80 hour-ish CCNA course that David Bombal has on Udemy, plus reading through the OCG, in a relatively short period of time. Paul Browning has a CCNA Simplified book that might be helpful, as well.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A lot of people like to watch Jeremy C at CBT. He gives a good overview of the content but you will need to go deeper. I passed the previous exam using David Bombal and Boson practice tests and they will definitely speed up study process . Some people can tackle the exam in 30 days but you would probably want to give yourself 3 months. As usual circumstances can vary.