Requesting a Study buddy for CISM Exams

Cassma2020Cassma2020 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I trust you are all well, and staying safe during this COVID-19 lockdown. However I am utilising my time during this lockdown to study for the CISM exam is there anyone out there that cares to be my study buddy? Just to let you know I am based in the UK
Many thanks in advance
Cassma

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Is the ISACA administering exams during this lockdown? If not, do they have an estimate when they may resume?
  • Cassma2020Cassma2020 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi JDMurray,

Sorry for my late response, I have only started studying for the CISM, I am giving myself 3 months intensive studying before I sit the exam in the summer, and I plan to sit the exam at the comfort of my home or  at a CBT testing location in the UK, hopefully everything will be back to normal by then.

Unfortunately this thread  does not allow  me to put up the ISACA link

Extracts from  ISACA's website:
    "Beginning in mid-April, ISACA certification exams will be available online

As part of our commitment to providing uninterrupted access to our resources even when you may be restricted to your home, ISACA is making certification exams available as an online, remotely proctored option."

I hope this info helps
    Many thanks
    Cassma2020

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Oh, yes, good news about ISACA's Remote Testing capability! I now see that CompTIA will have online testing on April 15th too. It looks like the (ISC)2 is not risking their exam content to the perils of uncontrolled exposure. (Given the ease at which the computer screen can be recorded by a background/hidden process I'm not surprised.)

Good luck on the CISM! I'll be going after the CISM and CISSP-ISSMP later this year after I finish an MBA program. I need some more management-related acronyms after my name!  B)
    Hi JDMurray,

Many thanks  and wishing you best of luck in your MBA program :)
  • AbbySecAbbySec Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi  Cassma, 

I  am happy to be your study partner if it's okay with you. I am also based in the UK. 
    Let me know if it's okay with you,  I have started studying using cybrary videos.

Thanks 
    Hi AbbySec,
    thanks for your offer, that will be great. How do I contact you?

Thanks
    C
  • AbbySecAbbySec Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Cassma,

Please dm me on abbyagbaje16@gmail.com ,  I get back  to you .
    Am free after 12: 00 noon. 
    Thanks 
  • OztexsOztexs Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i started studying for CISM too .. however i've ditched Kelly at Cybrary for Thor at Udemy .. much much better in my opinion and better use of available technology. 
  • bharatibibharatibi Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,

I trust you are all well, and staying safe during this COVID-19 lockdown. However I am utilising my time during this lockdown to study for the CISM exam is there anyone out there that cares to be my study buddy? Just to let you know I am based in the UK
    Many thanks in advance
    Cassma
    Hi ..I am also planning to prepare for CISM. We can study together...sharing preparation status....i am based in India. 
    Hi Everyone,
    Sorry for my late response, I have used TechRepublic Academy for my training resources, and you can get excellent deals on this site I am currently using Stackskills  for my cybersecurity training. I got the wonderful deal off TechRepublic Academy. They have currently got a Info Security certification training bundle deal for $41 30% cheaper than when I got my deal, plus  this deal ends in 4 days

Hi  AbbySec & Bharatibi, sorry I have been very lazy lately I have not been studying, but I am getting back into the grove of things for July, so if you are still interested in being my study buddy,  My email address is cassma2020@outlook.com. Would it be ok if we also set up a Whatapp group?

Many thanks
    Cassma
    Hi Everyone
    ***IMPORTANT !!!
    It me again, I forgot to mentioned if you are interested in checking out TechRepublic Academy site for training deals. Make sure you do not buy  any training deals from Certs-school. Its training classes are run by a robot, the experience is like turning on the read-out function in Adobe, additionally its training site is not secure..