CRISC Exam in a week. Need guidance.

kelps28kelps28 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, I have my CRISC exam in a week. I read the study manual twice and am now reading the manual again and working on the database questions. The problem is the first time i take questions for each chapter i get around 50 percent as the questions are very tricky. However after giving 2 attempts i am getting above 90. I want to know if the questions will be similar to those of the database ones? If not i think i should postpone the exam. Please provide your thoughts.
Tagged:

Comments

• bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @kelps28 Please understand that this is a based on Risk (not risk of you passing...LOL).  All you need to pass the exam is the book.
    You may have to read it again to make sure you have all of the concepts. You may need to reschedule until you know most of the answers.
    If you have problems with the questions, try to eliminate two of the answers and look at the question for MOST, LEAST, NOT.... sometimes reading the question too fast is a problem for people...myself included.
  • OztexsOztexs Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if your passing the database questions at 90% doesn't mean your ready .. expensive exam, as above .. you may need to reschedule until you know most of the answers. This is what happened to me when i first failed by CISSP. I was very good at the practise questions but the exam was about understanding the risk. i passed on the second attempt 5 months later.  
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    kelps28 said:
    Hi everyone, I have my CRISC exam in a week. I read the study manual twice and am now reading the manual again and working on the database questions. The problem is the first time i take questions for each chapter i get around 50 percent as the questions are very tricky. However after giving 2 attempts i am getting above 90. I want to know if the questions will be similar to those of the database ones? If not i think i should postpone the exam. Please provide your thoughts.

"I want to know if the questions will be similar to those of the database ones? If not i think i should postpone the exam. Please provide your thoughts." 

If you are that concerned about study material matching an exam, then you don't need to take it.  The exam without practical knowledge to back it up will not help you and you will not make it though an interview even if you have all of the ISCA certifications on your resume.  I do not know your background, but It looks as if this might not be the right cert for you. 
  • sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you use the Q&A to understand ISACA's mindset, not just to get answers correct. Read all of the explanations, not just the ones you got wrong. Every cert org has their own mindset and this is the key.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ISACA is pretty good about publishing old questions in the official quiz DB. Read the bibliography for anything you don't know cold. Not, "I'll figure it out during the exam" but cold. Most of these exams can be completed in 90 minutes or less when you really know what your doing. CISA, CISSP and the ISSAP were all like that for me.

- b/eads