Any recent CGEIT Exam Takers?

tjkobertjkober Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm within about a month of feeling ready to take the exam and thought I'd see if anyone has taken it recently as I'm curious on where it ranks one anyone's estimated difficulty scale in comparison with my CISSP, CISM, and recent CRISC exams?

I've tried to read the official CGEIT review manual a few times but it's pretty tough sledding (very, very dry and disjointed imo) so now I'm focusing on learning the concepts from the Q&A Review manual and planning on going through the free Cobit material on the ISACA website in detail in the coming weeks.

Any feedback on other areas to focus, materials available or your experience with the exam difficulty is much appreciated!
Tagged:

Answers

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm sure that @kaiju has a thread going for CGEIT as well and that he can chime in on it.  
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have the manual and the QA&E. Since the QA&E isn't available online I am making my own test engine so I can gauge my weak areas and then supplement it with COBIT and other material. I will most likely take my CGEIT at the end of next month. I have already read the manual a couple times but creating the test engine has been slow and tedious process. ISACA, like most other cert makers, loves to clump several clauses together or use double negatives in a sentence. It takes a lot of self control to NOT correct those issues while making the test engine. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • tjkobertjkober Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took and passed the exam on Friday.  Compared to all my other certifications I found the questions much more straightforward and I easily finished in about 2 hours.  I skimmed through the official certification guide 3 times to get a feel for the content and went through the Q&A guide probably 6 times.  I feel I was way over prepared which is where I like to be of course.  Hope you all have the same results, good luck!
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! I will take mine next month. lately I have been too busy to devout study time to CGEIT.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • musimusimusimusi Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed cism and now looking for either cisa or cgeit. 

Which one is less difficult? Planning to take one within 2 months. 

otw to CISM
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CGEIT boot camp starts tomorrow ends on Friday.... god willing I will take the exam on Friday or Saturday
  • Lifetime_LearnerLifetime_Learner Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello world,

Has anyone recently (1-3 months) taken the CGEIT exam?  If so, can you please provide your experience in terms of level of difficulty compared with other ISACA exams (CISA/CISM/CRISC)?  What study materials did you use to pass the exam?  

I'm using the official ISACA review manual & QAE to study for the exam along with training videos from Cybrary, hopefully it's enough to pass....  

Job aid is going to chance in 30 days  so  everything you  have will need to change as well. 

Check the ISACA website. 
    balance said:
    Job aid is going to chance in 30 days  so  everything you  have will need to change as well. 

Check the ISACA website. 
    I'm aware but aiming to shoot for the exam prior to the content change so hoping that I have enough study time to get pass it.  Good luck on your exam! 
    Did you end up taking it yet ?  I will apparently need to review the materiel again.   I did not pass on the first attempt. 
    edited June 2020
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll knock it out the next time around.  How does it compare to CISM and was the questions straight-forward for the most part?  

My exam is scheduled for the end of this month, will provide an update afterwards.
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll knock it out the next time around.  How does it compare to CISM and was the questions straight-forward for the most part?  

My exam is scheduled for the end of this month, will provide an update afterwards.
    Did you end up knocking it out? 
    balance said:

Did you end up knocking it out? 
    I didn't have ample time to study like I've anticipated so had to cancel the exam appointment from PSI, haven't rescheduled yet and due to new exam content change, will need to purchase the DB QAE. SMH.  
    I ran away and knocked out CISA and CRISC    I am also going to take CISSP-ISSMP   then i will try CGEIT again 
    balance said:
    I ran away and knocked out CISA and CRISC    I am also going to take CISSP-ISSMP   then i will try CGEIT again 
    Nice and congrats! I've recently passed the AWS-CCP, back to studying for CGEIT again.  Had to fork out $299 for the DB QAE due to the updated changes, hopefully I can knock it out in one try and start studying for the CSSLP then ISSMP afterwards.  Good luck on the ISSMP and let me know how it went.  
    For sure .    I missed COBIT foundations by 3% last night  so I need to put a little more time in that  then right to ISSMP.  So far the official CBK  for ISSMP  lines up well with CISM,CRISC.    So you might not have much problem studying for it.  Our cets seems to line up .  How did you enjoy studying for CAP? I failed it in 2017(ish)  and I never took it again.  
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll knock it out next time around.  Out of the 3 certs I got from ISC2 (CISSP, SSCP and CAP) I thought the CAP was the easiest, pretty straight-forward IMO.  Knowledge-base exam, unlike the CISSP which was pretty damn tricky, atleast I thought so.  I do have 3+ years of C&A experience so that did help with passing the exam. My only study material for the CAP was NIST 800-37 (RMF), read it 2 times and took notes on SDLC and RMF and that was enough to slid through the passing line.  Good luck if you plan on retaking in the near future.   
    Unfortunately I am not pleased to announce that I did NOT pass the CGEIT exam on the first pass, got 415 (450 to pass).  I wasn't confidence going into the exam but felt that I had a solid understanding of the concepts/materials but as you can see, I fell short.  Going to throw that on the back burner (might not retake it but we'll see...) and might start studying for the ISSMP or CSSLP.  
    A monster of an exam for sure .