Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Jr1984 said:
    I was in Kuwait my process for vectrus but they were taking way to long I decided to wait my clearance process here in the states this process is one of the longest ones i seen. Hope everyone is safe I was able to get out Tuesday morning I cant imagine being stuck there with no job. Remaining positive this will not take too long. I'm blessed I was able to come back and get my old job in the states 
    You should be getting paid as an employee in Kuwait, if you have started going to CRC.
    No I'm still waiting on my clearance i didn't qualify all i have is an offer letter 
    Xepher said:
    Jr1984 said:
    I was in Kuwait my process for vectrus but they were taking way to long I decided to wait my clearance process here in the states this process is one of the longest ones i seen. Hope everyone is safe I was able to get out Tuesday morning I cant imagine being stuck there with no job. Remaining positive this will not take too long. I'm blessed I was able to come back and get my old job in the states 
    You should be getting paid as an employee in Kuwait, if you have started going to CRC.
    I'm not at that step yet I haven't been to crc yet 
    Xepher said:
    Jr1984 said:
    Currently waiting on my clearance haven't made it to CRC yet all this might be a major set back for alot people waiting 
  • XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jr1984 said:
    Xepher said:
    Jr1984 said:
    Currently waiting on my clearance haven't made it to CRC yet all this might be a major set back for alot people waiting 
    I'm assuming in addition to the wait, it's being halted even more due to COVID-19.
    V/R

• cool311cool311 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just finished my medical last week. I have not heard anything back, does this mean something is wrong? I done with my clearance, passport, and certification renewal.
    what can I expect next?
  • 202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cool311 said:
    Just finished my medical last week. I have not heard anything back, does this mean something is wrong? I done with my clearance, passport, and certification renewal.
    what can I expect next?
    Typically once you clear medical your recruiter will either give you a CRC date or tell you to wait for a position to open. Currently DOD has stopped all deployments for service members and contractors because of coronavirus so you will not be going to CRC soon. Also I’m pretty sure Ft bliss is where returning soldiers and contractors are being quarantined so CRC may be shut down right now. 

Either way you’re gonna be waiting for a minute until this coronavirus stuff dies down.
    202 said:
    cool311 said:
    what can I expect next?
    Typically once you clear medical your recruiter will either give you a CRC date or tell you to wait for a position to open. Currently DOD has stopped all deployments for service members and contractors because of coronavirus so you will not be going to CRC soon. Also I’m pretty sure Ft bliss is where returning soldiers and contractors are being quarantined so CRC may be shut down right now. 

Either way you’re gonna be waiting for a minute until this coronavirus stuff dies down.
    Do you typically know how long it usually takes to hear from them after medical.
  • 202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    took about a week for me
    edited March 2020
    202 said:
    took about a week for me
    I was told I should hear something by the end of last week. Since I did not hear anything, it kind of made me think I failed my drug test or something was wrong with my blood work. Since the dentist and Physician both said I was good to go.
    Do you mind me asking when did you leave?
    cool311 said:
    what can I expect next?
    It takes them time, also keep in mind of the covid-19 situation. Have you tried to call them or sent a follow up email?

cool311 said:
    202 said:
    took about a week for me
    I was told I should hear something by the end of last week. Since I did not hear anything, it kind of made me think I failed my drug test or something was wrong with my blood work. Since the dentist and Physician both said I was good to go.
    Do you mind me asking when did you leave?

You have to keep in mind the reduction of services, CRC is shutdown or mission essential only. There are minimal to no military flights, there are no commercial flights at this time to Kuwait, or Afghanistan. We have employees stuck in the US because all routes are closed back in their respective countries or bases. The embassy put out a Closure of Afghanistan for 20 something days, it's safe to say we won't see anyone make it to at least Afghanistan until probably May, my best advice for anyone still working on the process is to do your due-diligence continue what ever your process of what you can and follow up until you get a yes or a no from the organization. If you're working remember not to quit your day job, if you're on administrative leave for your current position or not working, just sit tight and follow up. 
    V/R

• troverdan55troverdan55 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any insight on when people will start getting CRC dates again?
  • BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got an email last night saying due to travel ban we are pretty much dead in the water
    Don't expect any thing until after June 30th, also if you've gone more then 90days without actually making it to CRC, you're going to have to do your medical stuff again. If your older then 60, you probably won't be let it, several contract companies have send and are sending tons of people 60 and older home.
    V/R

• isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Don't expect any thing until after June 30th, also if you've gone more then 90days without actually making it to CRC, you're going to have to do your medical stuff again. If your older then 60, you probably won't be let it, several contract companies have send and are sending tons of people 60 and older home.

So sometime in june CRC and milair flights should start opening up?
    CRC is resuming operations again
    isiac316 said:

Where did you hear the info?
    isiac316 said:
    Hope this is true we can finally get this process moving 
    its on the main fort bliss website towards the bottom. its 2 weeks now instead of one during to CVOID-19. 
  • aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    isiac316 said:
    its on the main fort bliss website towards the bottom. its 2 weeks now instead of one during to CVOID-19. 
    Yep! Here is the link https://home.army.mil/bliss/index.php/units-tenants/crc

just waiting on kuwait to end their lockdown
    isiac316 said:
    Yea I'm headed to kuwait as well. I'm no longer with vectrus, finished CRC for the new company during the last cycle in March when everything started shutting down.
  • BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So you just been stuck at CRC this whole time?aljaha2 said:
    isiac316 said:
    Yea I'm headed to kuwait as well. I'm no longer with vectrus, finished CRC for the new company during the last cycle in March when everything started shutting down.

No sir, all of the bravo company contractors had to clear out of the bldg by 1800 on Friday March 20th. CRC was shutdown until when early May. Us contractors returned to our HOR.
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Kuwait lock down will be finished by the end of the month .  They will not do anything until Eid is complete. 

That does not mean you will get on base.... that just means  the country does not lock you down. 
    balance said:
    Kuwait lock down will be finished by the end of the month .  They will not do anything until Eid is complete. 

That does not mean you will get on base.... that just means  the country does not lock you down. 
    What does "Eid" mean
    Eid ul Fitr  makes the end of Ramadan  the holy month of fasting  for all Muslims.  Lots of fun ....  Kids get presents and everyone wears new cloths to Eid parties 
    balance said:
    Eid ul Fitr  makes the end of Ramadan  the holy month of fasting  for all Muslims.  Lots of fun ....  Kids get presents and everyone wears new cloths to Eid parties 
    that sounds pretty cool. when dos that end
    isiac316 said:
    balance said:
    that sounds pretty cool. when dos that end

Ends on the 24th     Lock down ends on the 30th in Kuwait
    is anyone here going to afghanitstan
    isiac316 said:
    is anyone here going to afghanitstan
    I am