CySA+ Beta Exam

1235»

Comments

• tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also don't see CySA+ beta in Certmetrics exam history. Do see it in and other Beta exams in CompTIA Pearson Vue history.

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Results posted. At least in the Pearson-Vue site (not updated on Certmetrics yet). So, mine doesn't say Taken anymore. It now says PASSED! :) Whohoo! Not the best (768 with a 750 passing level), but it's a pass!

• wogmailwogmail Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice, pass here as well!
    edited April 2020
    Passed, but it was close. Congrats y'all!
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited April 2020
    Woo!  barely passed this one...I had a pretty long losing streak for a couple years.

CySA+ beta = Passed barely
    CySA+ 001 = Failed w/730
    CySA+ 001 = Failed w/715
    Linux+ beta = Failed horribly
    CEH v10 #2 = Failed 63%
    Pentest+ beta = Failed horribly
    CEH v10 = Failed 69%
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • kbizkkbizk Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PC509 said:
    Results posted. At least in the Pearson-Vue site (not updated on Certmetrics yet). So, mine doesn't say Taken anymore. It now says PASSED! :) Whohoo! Not the best (768 with a 750 passing level), but it's a pass!

Haha! Same score!
  • wogmailwogmail Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did you find out your score?
  • kbizkkbizk Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wogmail said:
    How did you find out your score?
    On Pearson Vue website, Dashboard - View score reports
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I (barely) passed the CySA+ beta with a 764:D  Thank goodness--I'm the manager of a Blue Team and it would have been embarrassing to have failed!

From the PearsonVue CompTIA dashboard, click the View Score Reports link in the My Account menu in the upper right area of the page and then click the View button to see your exam score report.
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited April 2020
    Awwww yea! I passed! 801 points scored! Don't know what the max was, but a pass was at 750, so I'm happy :)

Congratulations to everyone who passed! And many thanks to CompTIA for yet another fun Beta!
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh, wow!  I didn't know scores were kept on Pearson Vue.  I passed too!  
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited April 2020
    Passed too

History of my beta exams
    2 November 2019 CS1-002 CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) Certification Beta Exam Pass
    15 June 2019 CL1-002 CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ Certification Beta Exam Pass
    13 October 2018 XK1-004 CompTIA Linux+ Certification Beta Exam Fail
    10 February 2018 PT1-001 CompTIA Penetration Tester Certification Beta Exam Pass
    21 October 2017 CV1-002 CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Beta Exam Pass
    10 August 2016 CS1-001 CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+ Certification Beta Exam Pass
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• JC DentonJC Denton Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    784..passed, but just barely :) I have now officially completed CompTIA's security track, so to speak - Security+, CySA+(beta), PenTest+(beta), CASP+ :smiley:

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Jackpot! I scored a 777.  Also passed the GCIP exam so it was a really good day overall. :smile:  
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats to those who passed!  Now if I can just get CompTIA to update the website to show that I've been added to the CSTAC... :)
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    alas..failed it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • jwdk19jwdk19 Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Barely passed that one. Lol 774.
  • 0x180x18 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited April 2020
    Congrats to everyone who took the beta exam pass or fail. There is no substitute for the experience of sitting for the exam or the knowledge of the material. I reviewed the score report page and passed by the skin of my teeth ! 757/900
  • camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    woot... pass here! congrats all who passed!
  • p0sitron_col1drp0sitron_col1dr Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another pass here, as well.
    Your CySA+ info should now be in your Certmetrics dashboard.
    What happens now? This is my first CompTIA Beta. I see the pass in history, but nothing new in fulfillment, transcript, or Acclaim.
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well, by now you should have probably already received the printed diploma and membership card. Mine came in the mail a week or three ago. If it hasn't come through, in the very least you should be able to login to the CompTIA portal and download the PDF certificate.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tahjzhuan said:
    What happens now? This is my first CompTIA Beta. I see the pass in history, but nothing new in fulfillment, transcript, or Acclaim.
    I recall seeing on my CompTIA profile that I had to verify my address info.  Be sure to do that if you haven't rec'd your cert packet from them.  
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    Thanks y'all have changed my email address since my last cert. Went ahead and opened a ticket and should get this resolved. Thanks again!
    Reply from CompTIA. This is ok as I have kits for CSA+/CySA+ (CS0-001). 

Good Afternoon, 

I am happy to assist you with this. 

You met your CE requirements April 2019 and your new expiration date is now September 2024.  Your new CE cycle is September 2021 - September 2024.  

You took the CS0-002 December 2019 which is outside your CE cycle, therefore you will not receive a new certification kit. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can be of any additional help. If this fully resolves your issue, just reply and let me know and I'll be glad to mark the ticket Solved for you.

Take good care!
    edited June 2020
    There is a "Fulfillment" tab on your www.certmetrics.com/comptia/ page that will indicate when your cert was shipped. Mine was shipped on May 7th to my work address. :(  The downloadable PDF cert will have to do for me until I can get back into the building--in September.